• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone believe the US Mint will not be producing another Reverse Proof Coin

23 posts in this topic

...any time soon ? With the excitement and sell-outs generated with the 2006 Gold and Silver Reverse Proof coins the Mint IMO will not be leaving any $$$ on the table. Rumor has it, that you will be seeing Platinum Reverse Proofs and possibly a Lincoln Reverse Proof Cent in 2009.

Possibly a complete Proof set of all Reverse Proof coins ? Would you be a buyer of such a set(s) ? I would say, Yes. The more choices and offerings by the US Mint the better for the hobby, not to mention the TPG services !

I was very surprised that the Mint did not produce the Silver Eagle Reverse Proof for 2007? In not doing this, I think the 2006 Reverse Proof will bring moon money in the coming years IMO.

I have not heard anything about the Mint producing anymore Silver or Gold reverse proofs. Please keep us posted if you do here something through the grapevine.

I believe we're about 3 years away from the mint producing colorized coins. The gimmicks coming out of the mint now are pathetic. They're only going to get worse. We're going to be like Canada soon.

I wonder if they'll be able to swing a Silver Surfer coin given that they don't like it because it's a form of advertising. Any way they could redefine the problem if they get into that market?

They still haven't come out with their second bi-metallic but I guess that was considered a dud for many years.

I believe we're about 3 years away from the mint producing colorized coins.

Colorized coins?

Throw up!!!! frown.gif

Pretty soon the Marshal Islands mint and the U.S. mint will be at the same level.

If it's any indication of the future, the US has moved to adding more color to currency but it's still not wildly colored like many other countries.

If it's any indication of the future, the US has moved to adding more color to currency but it's still not wildly colored like many other countries.

Well I don't have a problem with that. It has to do with making things tougher for countries like North Korea who counterfeit U.S. currency as well your average guy with a nice compurter and printer.

I believe the mint will be selling swamp land in early 2008!
But would that only be because people would be lining up to buy it from them? 27_laughing.gif

Mint them, and they will sell.

The US Mint could make coins out of beaver dung, and there would be a collector base for them.

The US Mint could make coins out of beaver dung, and there would be a collector base for them.

Only if they were covered with a layer of gold or silver.

grin.gif

Sadly I think you are right.

The mint has hit the wall with me. I no longer have yerning to keep up with the modern stuff any more. For the first time in many years I've not order any Proof sets yet. I'll get them eventually, but for now my interest is on hold. popcorn.gif

Just reverse it to emphasize the core issue, collectors:

Collectors will buy anything the Mint puts out, even if it's beaver dung. devil.gif

Collectors will buy anything the Mint puts out, even if it's beaver dung. devil.gif

I think you need to apologize to all the real collectors out there!

I haven't bought anything from the mint since 2003. My collection has grown leaps and bounds without their *spoon*!

So, to rephrase, retards with extra money will buy anything the mint puts out.

I haven't bought anything from the mint since 2003. My collection has grown leaps and bounds without their *spoon*!

No apologies since those people still fit the definition of collector devil.gif

No apologies since those people still fit the definition of "collector" devil.gif

Not necessarily. So-called 'investors' will pay hefty premiums for this beaver dung. They don't collect, they sit on this junk and hope, just hope, for it to go up in value.

(can't you see I'm working on my post count smirk.gif )

No apologies since those people still fit the definition of "collector" devil.gif

Not necessarily. So-called 'investors' will pay hefty premiums for this beaver dung. They don't collect, they sit on this junk and hope, just hope, for it to go up in value.

Not everyone that purchased a 2007 J-town commem is an investor, or are you saying they are?

Not everyone that purchased a 2007 J-town commem is an investor, or are you saying they are?

I didn't say that everyone was an investor. Just a lot are. True, there are people who have built awe-inspiring collections of this beaver dung. Then there are still others who have wasted away many thousands of dollars on beaver dung, and have very little to show for it.

I have subscriptions for proof and uncirculated sets from the mint. I consider these as parts of my collection, but they can be considered as an investment also. IMHO

I have subscriptions for proof and uncirculated sets from the mint. I consider these as parts of my collection, but they can be considered as an investment also. IMHO
Some consider them beaver dung! 893whatthe.gif

Some consider them beaver dung! 893whatthe.gif

devil.gif

I think that the state quarters are still pretty cool. But the presidents' series and especially this bunch of First Ladies bullion gold coins is over the top. There are some presidents who don't deserve much more than a footnote in the history. Such treatment would be kinder to them than "Telling it like it was."

And so far as the First Ladies are concerned, they are like their husbands only in some cases worse. There have been some truly brave First Ladies, like Dolly Madison, who saved White House treasures before the British burned the place. And there have been a couple who were nuttier than an outhouse rodent.