• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Crossovers?

5 posts in this topic

Is there a "cross at any grade" option? Says on the website only same grade or higher. frown.gif Yeah, I know I can crack 'em out, but I don't want bodybags back.

Sure, you just have to CLEARLY write it on the invoice. I've done it several times with no problems. You can list ANY grade you want for crossover as long as it is not higher than teh current slabbed grade. Only same grade or lower for minimum crossover grades.

I have also had several "regular" crossovers that UPGRADED.

You can also specify minimum grades that are below the current grade. The last group I sent in I specified a minimum of MS-60 on them (they were mostly MS-62 or MS-61, so a distinct possibility of coming back AU). A couple crossed at the original grade and I believe 2 downgraded to MS-60, and one did not cross (thus preventing the 61 to 58 phenomenon I worried about). Also, in my case, I forgot to put the minimum grades on the invoice, and I beleive I PMed Dena and she took care of it for me.

cool beans, now if my submission kit would just get here... I didn't even get an email from NGC after placing my order. A simple "thanks for joining the club" would have been nice. Just so I know it's being processed. Then again, the way the thing worked, copying data to backup servers and such, I'm not surprised. Guess the system architect doesn't know what database replication is either. Already knew there was no referential integrity; the ID's for pop report pages keep changing, which makes linking directly to them impossible blush.gif You have to navigate through those obtuse drop down lists every time.

• Administrator

Actually, database replication with legacy systems is a bit harder than you might imagine. The drop downs have been gone from the pop report for months. And the ID's used for coins are complicated by the lack of database replication.

Regards,

Arch