• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions Please...

23 posts in this topic

If this was your coin what would it take to get this coin out of your hand?? or would it not be for sale at any price?

1880stoned.jpg

Looks MS62ish, killer toning. I guess it depends on what I paid for it. If I paid a premium for the toning to begin with, I would want at least that money in return. But if I found it in some bargain bin at a coin shop, I might want $175 or so.

If it belonged to me, I would indeed sell it as quickly as possible, and use the proceeds to buy Bust material. I know a lot of folks get excited by coins like this, but I am just not a big rainbow-Morgan fan, never have been.

Common date, common grade, so whatever the premium it'll be based entirely on the bag toning, which is very attractive BTW.

No value guess from me.... I'm always wrong on toners. wink.gif

I am not familiar enough with the relationship between toning and value to provide a good estimate on what it would take. Without the toning $35.00 - $45.00 Dollars as I believe it is an MS 62 coin.

Rey

Looks MS62ish, killer toning. I guess it depends on what I paid for it. If I paid a premium for the toning to begin with, I would want at least that money in return. But if I found it in some bargain bin at a coin shop, I might want $175 or so.

If you ever find one in a bargin bin let me know. laugh.gif

You would have to be a "color guy" to go ga-ga over this coin, yay.gif and I'm not. I appreciate the rainbow look. But I don't appreciate it enough to pay crazy money for what underneath the color is a mediocre, VERY common date Morgan dollar. Therefore I own only one "color" Morgan dollar that I purchased 30 yerars ago. Without the color, this coin would be a bear to sell at $40.

As such, sorry, but I’m not excited. But my areas and early coins and attractive gold.

I think Pat is the closest to what the coin would actully sell for....would be suprised if it sold in the $300-$400 range on Ebay. As for the question of would I sell it......depending on my financial circumstances...yes I would as I sold off all of my real knoockout toners over the last few years.

If I priced it retail, I'd probably do it at $325. However, if I wanted it gone, I'd probably let it go for $225-$250.

i think from a morgan color collector

i think at a show like baltimore you can get around $400 for it maybe a little more

and then dream what if .......... the reverse was switched with the obverse and it was a solid ms 67

i think from a morgan color collector

i think at a show like baltimore you can get around $400 for it maybe a little more

and then dream what if .......... the reverse was switched with the obverse and it was a solid ms 67

I wish it was an obverse toner and MS 67 laugh.gif Then I would be asking 10k smile.gif

All these estimates in the 3-400 dollar range makes me think I got a pretty good deal on my toner at $130. Granted the toned area is not quite as large, but it is on the obverse and the rest of the coin has superb luster.

JJ