• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Battle Creek reverse toner

14 posts in this topic

This coin is in the opinion of many the best single BC reverse toner. By sheer cost it was roughly twice as expensive as the next most expensive BC reverse (which is my Avatar). I also own the only other BC reverse that challenges this one, and truthfully it kind of depends on what sort of mood I'm in as to which one I prefer at any given time.

In any case, this one is a MS65*PL. In an interesting way the PL fields give the toning both a watery depth and due to it's mirroring really projects the toning. Due to the fields mirroring it is dang near impossible to capture the colors, the depth and the projection of the toning. Here are 3 images. The first is by Laura D, and the next 2 are by Bruce Lee. For an overall feel of the coin I like the third image the best.

1300_65PL_5290_8000-1.jpg

1300_65PL_5290_8000_BruceL1.jpg

1300_65PL_5290_8000_BruceL.jpg

To comment as I have seen this coin in hand. It is a real stunner with PL surfaces. This coin is a whale of a coin and one any person would be happy to own. Congrats to Skyman for owning it!

That is just a great looking Morgan, Sy. I'd seen images of your avatar before, but not this one. To me it is just as incredible. All the images are super. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks guys, glad you like her. It's a fun coin to look at. Bruce did a really nice job with the imaging.

As to you droolers out there, that was part of the plan. We here in CA. are in a drought. Mop that drool up and send it out here. insane.gif

Thanks for posting Sy! That's a great looking coin though as you say, it's probably one that needs to be seen in-hand to be full appreciated! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Great pics Bruce and welcome back! thumbsup2.gif