• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Body Bag

32 posts in this topic

I bet there is someone on here that has never seen a Body Bag.

Well here is what one looks like. frown.gif

bodybag001bodybag1pttp8.jpg

bodybag002bodybag2ptkk3.jpg

I've seen my share - both deserved and undeserved IMO.

Sadly I've got to agree with the body bag on that coin. Even through the plastic you can see that the coin was improperly cleaned. frown.gif

yes....I got to find it. I agree it may have been cleaned but not that bad 27_laughing.gif

Winston, I bet it was them dam postal emplyees. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Stanley,

For future reference, I do not recommend having coins like that slabbed. The fees are just not worth it! These are $125 coins at best even if not cleaned, and paying $20 for a slab for such a coin is an exercise in poor investment. Up through the EF range, there's just no benefit, as most collectors don't want these coins (bust halves) certified to begin with.

If it were a high-end AU to UNC coin, it would be a different story. Then, there might be benefit from certification, although even then, I personally wouldn't bother.

Ah yes. I see it now. It’s not that bad though. It bothers me less than dipped blast white CBHs that regularly find their way into holders.

Re: Body Bag

not only cleaned but HARSHLY cleaned

and this cleaning changed the surfaces of the coin

to where it looks fuglyand textured from the cleaning

it is one ugly ruined coin makepoint.gif

does it have value 893scratchchin-thumb.gif yes but NOT in my collection

It maybe something wrong with my eyes but I swear it doesn’t look as bad as the image. I’m not surprised that it bagged. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just got this one back from NGC:

1799793-1976D-JFK-scratched.jpg

This was going to be great in my registry set. I thought it would be an MS67. boo.gif

I guess I should check my coins more carefully before sending them in! tonofbricks.gif

Scott yeahok.gif

1799793-1976D-JFK-scratched.jpg.c52f0d3b127d218119df0d37a320d448.jpg

That seems picky. Is the scratch really bright like a fresh scratch?

It's visible. I wouldn't say it's fresh, but it is more visible than I would have liked.

Scott hi.gif

I didn't know a scratch like that would BB. I figured it would just drop a grade. What a shame!

A much older coin with a similar scratch would have probably been slabbed.

That seems picky. Is the scratch really bright like a fresh scratch?

How is this bodybag:

bodybagtag.jpg

Oooooooh, that had to be painful! Sorry to see that one.

Wow, a lot of you really seem to hate this poor, abused coin! Stanley, $55 is bid in VF, which is probably an appropriate net-grade for the coin. I'd give you $70 for it if you decide you just can't stand it anymore.

Do I hear $80?

Wow, a lot of you really seem to hate this poor, abused coin! Stanley, $55 is bid in VF, which is probably an appropriate net-grade for the coin. I'd give you $70 for it if you decide you just can't stand it anymore.

Do I hear $80?

James, Thank you for your generous offer, but I believe I’ll pass. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I like AU 53 Improperly Cleaned much better and besides, Michael’s has already offered $200.00. 27_laughing.gif

Let me see who wants this : 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

James Early ...net grade VF $80.00

Michael ...$200.00

Ebay... Estate find with a 200.00 reserve

I like AU 53 Improperly Cleaned much better and besides, Michael’s has already offered $200.00.

If I were offered $200 for that coin, I'd take the money and run before the buyer came to his or her senses. insane.gif

I just got this one back from NGC:

1799793-1976D-JFK-scratched.jpg

This was going to be great in my registry set. I thought it would be an MS67. boo.gif

I guess I should check my coins more carefully before sending them in! tonofbricks.gif

Scott yeahok.gif

In the words of "Russ" who posts (used to post ?) across the street, "You got stiffed!" Getting a body bag for that on a business strike coin is pure BS.

Edited to say, with that mark, there is no way that coin would have gotten into an MS-67 holder. MS-65 would be more like it, and I'd only give it an MS-64.