• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just wanted to say Hello....

24 posts in this topic

I just wanted to say Hello because I'm new to this wonderful, addicting hobby....

I'm Brian and I'm a numismata....a guy who collects coins.

Seriously though, I look forward to learning more about this hobby and gaining insights about it.... yay.gif

stooges.gif

Brian

I just wanted to say Hello because I'm new to this wonderful, addicting hobby....

I'm Brian and I'm a numismata....a guy who collects coins.

Seriously though, I look forward to learning more about this hobby and gaining insights about it.... yay.gif

stooges.gif

Brian

Hi from the UK you are in the right place to learn there is a weath of knowlage hear (not including my self) 893applaud-thumb.gif

What do you collect ?

1791762-%A35.jpg

hi.gif

Welcome, Brian. You can learn a great deal from many members of this forum. You are certainly welcome to share photos of coins you own, would like to own or are just curious about as we all are coin nuts.

Again, welcome.

Welcome to our friendly little neighborhood, Brian. Post pictures whenever you can, and feel free to ask as many questions as you want. There are many, many astute collectors here.

You'll have to forgive Dooly. He's a foreigner. poke2.gif He's justy rubbing in the fact that the British Pound is worth more than the US $.

Just kidding, Dooly! If you ever find someone on the European eBay with an 1879-CC, 1889-CC and 1893-CC Morgans, please let me know.

Chris

Did someone say we're nuts?

nuts.jpg

We must be...and welcome BrianH to the forums.

note: An 192.9 lb (87.5 kg. for Dooley poke2.gif) nut and bolt, one of sixteen used to join sections of the generator shaft of a 75000 kW generator at Grand Coulee Dam in 1942.

Welcome as well Brian. Heritage Auction Galleries is a good place to look on the internet, it is free to join and browse. David Lawrence Rare Coins also has ongoing auctions and is free to join and look. I have found both of these to be good places to see photos as well as historical and current values of coins sold. Other members out here can suggest others, there are quite a few. Also, as you see posts from some of the folks on here, you can see that many are dealers and/or collectors that buy and sell and many have their own web sites. Also many members will post coins for sale in the Marketplace Forum on here.

Don't hesitate to ask questions on here, I have found it to be a tremendously valuable experience.

Rey

Welcome to our friendly little neighborhood, Brian. Post pictures whenever you can, and feel free to ask as many questions as you want. There are many, many astute collectors here.

You'll have to forgive Dooly. He's a foreigner. poke2.gif He's justy rubbing in the fact that the British Pound is worth more than the US $.

Just kidding, Dooly! If you ever find someone on the European eBay with an 1879-CC, 1889-CC and 1893-CC Morgans, please let me know.

Chris

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif yes its nice to have some spending power at the moment thumbsup2.gif

the coin is the UK £5 ($10) silver proof 2007 UltraUltra Cameo !!!!!!!!!!!

1793276-5%A3.jpg

i will hunt over this side of the pond for some CC's lets see what turns up thumbsup2.gif

PS try this scan as your wallpaper its stunning !!!!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

Did someone say we're nuts?

nuts.jpg

We must be...and welcome BrianH to the forums.

note: An 192.9 lb (87.5 kg. for Dooley poke2.gif) nut and bolt, one of sixteen used to join sections of the generator shaft of a 75000 kW generator at Grand Coulee Dam in 1942.

sign-offtopic.gif i see your nuts and raze you natures biggest 1793286-cocodemer.jpg 's over 7kg of pure energy

27_laughing.gif

1793286-cocodemer.jpg.c4d1771a168cdcd5ecbae8d8ec38ffa2.jpg

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif yes its nice to have some spending power at the moment thumbsup2.gif

the coin is the UK £5 ($10) silver proof 2007 UltraUltra Cameo !!!!!!!!!!!

1793276-5%A3.jpg

i will hunt over this side of the pond for some CC's lets see what turns up thumbsup2.gif

PS try this scan as your wallpaper its stunning !!!!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

How does one add that coin to his collection.....?