• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found in pocket today

10 posts in this topic

I found this in my pocket change today. I almost over looked it due to its color. It has a lot of dings but still a nice 45 from the pocket? Looks like a bit of mint luster peeking in.

I know it’s not worth much and someone may have cracked it out from a slab to toss in circulation. But I thought it was neat to find.

1945a.jpg

1945b.jpg

Funny you mention this... I found a 1970 Lincoln that was good enough to put in my Type set...MS62-63 ish. And just the other day my wife found a 1945 that looked to be EF-AU...anyone else finding higher end wheats and older memorials???

L

Nice find!! I'm always searching my pocket change, in the last six months I've found a 1958D dime, 1940 nickel, and a 1964 quarter. I think it's fun!! Keep on searching!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice find!! I'm always searching my pocket change, in the last six months I've found a 1958D dime, 1940 nickel, and a 1964 quarter. I think it's fun!! Keep on searching!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I can't even remember the last time I found silver in my pocket, and I look at every coin I receive in change. frown.gif

What a great find! I occasionally pick up early Lincoln Memorial cents in change that are Mint red. The last unusual coin, however, that I snagged from circulation was a broadstruck 1988-P Washington 25c - also a great coin from circulation.

1786570-1988-PWash25cbroadstruckfound06-30-2006.JPG

Hoot

1786570-1988-PWash25cbroadstruckfound06-30-2006.JPG.b4f3b18ccc9e4ed554fab68ffe1979e2.JPG

Alot on nice change floating around it looks like.

Thanks for all the nice replys.

Ill keep my eyes open even more now.