• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Contest Time! Appalachian Hoard? PKOK Hoard? BattleCreek Hoard?

78 posts in this topic

Let's say, just for fun, a newly discovered batch... ::Whoops, scratch that...:: blush.gif"hoard" of fresh ::Whoops, scratch that...:: crazy.gif"hidden for decades", whacky toned Ikes were discovered.

Here's an example of one of those rare jewels:

crazyikexx.jpg

What would you name this hoard? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The most wildly devil.gif creative devil.gif name devil.gif will win a killer toned coin of my choosing (yes, I'll pick one out of my stash. You won't be disapointed, I promise! yay.gif).

I'll let this run a few days so those that view this forum seldomly will have a chance.

Good luck! headbang.gif

Additional photos to assist with your creativity:

crazyikexxx.jpgcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

crazyikexxxx.jpgcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Ok well I get this last one and my imagination just isn't running too wild.

"Ike's NATO Hoard"

This type of coloring could have been caused from nuclear radiation ya know. 27_laughing.gif

My top five:

Psychedelic Seventies Presidential Hoard

Ike Fever Hoard

Tie-Dyed Hoard

Melted Crayola Hoard

Disco Dance Floor Hoard

I couldn't resist adding some more:

Not Your Father's Hoard

Nuclear Proliferation Hoard

Rainbow Coalition Hoard

They Really Slabbed This? Hoard

Radioactive Warning Hoard

cool.gif coins cool.gif

shy.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

news.gif The "Westpoint Discovery Hoard" news.gifyay.gif

Mamie cooking up a batch for Ike at Westpoint 893whatthe.gif

1776176-fry.jpg

(not my image)

P A T I Hoard 27_laughing.gif

OH yeah 27_laughing.gif " P robably A rtificially T oned I kes"

Ok the "Five Star Neon Hoard" hail.gif

Aim low Sheriff he's on a Shetland. insane.gif

1776176-fry.jpg.aa3634f2e5292131c96d5ff4e23925b8.jpg

Since you can't easily pass these off as part of someones collection, the best thing is to go for a geographic name that is generic or you can't pinpoint it. The "Springfield Hoard" or the "Teton Ridge Collection".

Get yourself a nice story (ex: placed in tissue paper from the mint and toned wild blue). It does not matter that tissue paper wasn't invented at this time. Ignore facts as no one will check them. Spread the story around with slight variations so while everyone can tell you the story, no one can get all the "facts" correct and people can debate the facts rather than looking at their fingers that are glowing after touching the coin.

Get the coin in a TPG slab. Offer the entire hoard to all the major grading services. See which one bites.

Sell the first batch to the typical major toned coin dealers. They'll buy in the beginning and bury their clients at obscene prices. Some will come on the forums and loudly and full of 'anger' declare that the coins are NT and anyone who says otherwise is an *spoon*. These are usually the dealers who have buried their clients the deepest. The rest of the hoard can be moved directly to customers as the major tone dealers will now shy away due to the talk and not want to buy these. Typical excuse not to buy, it's nice, but not like the monsters that were released first.

At least that's how I would do it - not that I've ever given it any thought. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nice!

I like it.

My my my... I just noticed this Thread has only one star.

Is michael logged on?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Since you can't easily pass these off as part of someones collection, the best thing is to go for a geographic name that is generic or you can't pinpoint it. The "Springfield Hoard" or the "Teton Ridge Collection".

Get yourself a nice story (ex: placed in tissue paper from the mint and toned wild blue). It does not matter that tissue paper wasn't invented at this time. Ignore facts as no one will check them. Spread the story around with slight variations so while everyone can tell you the story, no one can get all the "facts" correct and people can debate the facts rather than looking at their fingers that are glowing after touching the coin.

Get the coin in a TPG slab. Offer the entire hoard to all the major grading services. See which one bites.

Sell the first batch to the typical major toned coin dealers. They'll buy in the beginning and bury their clients at obscene prices. Some will come on the forums and loudly and full of 'anger' declare that the coins are NT and anyone who says otherwise is an *spoon*. These are usually the dealers who have buried their clients the deepest. The rest of the hoard can be moved directly to customers as the major tone dealers will now shy away due to the talk and not want to buy these. Typical excuse not to buy, it's nice, but not like the monsters that were released first.

At least that's how I would do it - not that I've ever given it any thought. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hmmm, I'd call it the "Pay no Attention to Gmarguli Hoard".

Super

Horrendous

Icelandic

Tokens

Icelandic? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

They're also not tokens.

You can do better Chad. I have confidence in you smile.gif

Acronyms!

Super

Horrendous

Icelandic

Tokens

Fine...

Super

Hot

Intaglio

Totem poles

And, actually they can be considered tokens.