• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picked this up tonight...

18 posts in this topic

Here's a more unusual German state coin I picked up from Greg tonight:

1910373-001.jpg

It will be blast white and in an MS65 holder soon. cloud9.gif

Where was the Gosler part of Germany? Nice coin.

Do these early modern/very late medieval coins do better dipped than toned?

I weep for the lost originality of that coin.
27_laughing.gif,,You weep for the 2 point upgrade 27_laughing.gif

Nice job J..

On the side,,Are you getting any sleep

Greg selling original coins that are then dipped and upgraded? 893whatthe.giftongue.gif

Greg selling original coins that are then dipped and upgraded? 893whatthe.giftongue.gif

It was consigned. And who's to say it was original when Greg sold it? insane.gif

It is possible that I am weeping for the lost originality of that coin. It is also possible I am weeping that Rosie is no longer hosting The View.

The coin was not original before. It had been worked at least once before. It's just that some people have the Magic Touch™ and others don't. Getting the Magic Touch™

The working of this coin from lifeless MS63 to lustrous MS65 was more than just a simple dip.

It is possible that I am weeping for the lost originality of that coin. It is also possible I am weeping that Rosie is no longer hosting The View.

The coin was not original before. It had been worked at least once before. It's just that some people have the Magic Touch™ and others don't. Getting the Magic Touch™

The working of this coin from lifeless MS63 to lustrous MS65 was more than just a simple dip.

Fortunately, I don't need to develop the Magic Touch™ personally. I can trade my Suspiciously Attractive™ photo technique for the Magic Touch™. thumbsup2.gif