• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

favorite coin you own post!!!

69 posts in this topic

Great coins every one! 893applaud-thumb.gif

It’s pretty cool the variety of favorites that people have been posting, a wide spectrum of beautiful coins in age, denomination, and even origin. thumbsup2.gif

My proof 1937 Buffalo holds the top spot in my collection for me, cloud9.gif ...today. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

A higher grade than what I had planned on for that slot in my type set but when I saw it I knew I just had to own it even though it’d be six months before I’d be able to continue adding to my type set. confused.gif

Except for just a little toning below the buffalo’s head this coin is as struck, free of any haze with a very silvery white tone that I’ve rarely seen in a nickel. The fields look awesome with the deepest of mirrored surfaces but the devices don’t contrast enough for a cameo appearance, only a light frosty finish to the devices, except for the date and liberty which are deeply frosted.

More than one person who has seen it in hand remarked that if it wasn’t in the NGC holder they’d think it was a reproduction, after hearing that for the first time I sorta had to agree, this nickel is as flashy like as if it was chrome plated. cool.gif

1937-nickel.jpg

That is a very nice proof there Paul. I don't think I've ever seen a proof buff like that! thumbsup2.gif

I agree with what Bobby said. thumbsup2.gif I don't think I've ever seen a Buffalo that color before. I'd be proud to own it. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I had forgotten about this coin. It is also one of my favorites. It's an older pic before i started cropping better but anyhow.

2001BuffaloDollarComm.jpg

What a beautiful bunch of numismania and some really "Jaw Droppers" grin.gifhail.gif Hard to pick a favorite I like em all thumbsup2.gif

I do like this Peace dollar though bumpit.gif

1772328-Picture044.jpg

1772328-Picture042.jpg

1772328-Picture044.jpg.94d765c522b13fcb067bda65cdcbb778.jpg

This one's my current favorite, since it's the newest.

RIMG0001.jpg

I suspect that when this coin arrives, it will replace the Indian as top dog.

18475Cropped.jpg

What a beautiful bunch of numismania and some really "Jaw Droppers" grin.gifhail.gif Hard to pick a favorite I like em all thumbsup2.gif

I do like this Peace dollar though bumpit.gif

1772328-Picture044.jpg

1772328-Picture042.jpg

Wow! Let me know if you ever want to dump her for another woman.

Chris