• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

favorite coin you own post!!!

69 posts in this topic

how bout a post for your most favorite coin you own.

ill start with my 1883 pcgs old holder ms64 no cent v nickel. got got this coin @ a very good price and for a old piece it is in awsome condition. it may not be worth much but i love it for its original look:)

1883.jpg

1883rev.jpg

gossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gifgossip.gif

I just love a crisp old Liberty like that. It's just such an elegantly simple design, and what you have there is a gorgeous example.

I don't have a scan right yet, but my favourite's got to be my buttery-silver 1912 Barber dime. A lock for MS-63, but if it didn't have a fairly evident bag mark on the reverse, it would be more like 67. Just a stunning dime.

Very Nice Coin Anthony ... 1883 is my favotite year smile.gif

That coin almost has a prooflike appearance to it ...Nice Looker you got there

So hard to choose only one coin 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I’ll go with this 1824 CBH. It’s a great coin and it also began my friendly relationship with Tom, which makes it extra cool thumbsup2.gif.

1824.JPG

Ant - Very nice no cent, excellent piece for the type and year.

Bruce - Superb Washington as usual.

Braddock - I have never seen anything like that before but it is great!!!!

Winstonware - CBH's are always fine

I am going to post one silver and one gold - they are both equally favorites for certain reasons.

1917 Type 1 FH Standing Liberty Quarter Dollar MS 63

1917FHStandingLibertyBareBreastO-2.jpg

1917FHStandingLibertyBareBreastR-2.jpg

1850-O Coronet Head $10 Gold Eagle MS 62

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2095.jpg

Still Mine .. and has not been replaced yet

Why do you need to replace that confused-smiley-013.gif? Just because it has some character?

I dont know why I worded it like that ... I cannot afford to replace it smile.gif

Its a Keeper ...

Well, my favorite is either this:

81-SMooseSlab-1.jpg

or this:

82-SPsychedelicObvTonedMorgan-large.jpg

Or possibly this:

TheChristmasTree.jpg

(Those 3 would be a "grading set" MS68, MS67* and MS66* - I think the MS68 would also have a star if it was in an NGC holder! cool.gif )

Wow, love that 68 81S. Is that the highest a Morgan has graded at any of the major services.........Are there any 69's out there?

JJ

Out of the 1.8 MILLION Morgans graded by PCGS, there are 11 MS69s graded. NGC has graded 3 MS69s - all are 1880-Ss. NGC has graded 50 MS68* Morgans (29 are 1880-Ss and 11 are 1881-Ss). As for MS68s PCGS have graded a total of 376 MS68s which includes PLs and DMPLs - so an MS68 Morgan represents about .02% of the graded population - (Not 2%, but 2 hundredeths of 1%) A very rare coin that is very pretty too boot! cool.gif

Nice all!! Well I like all my coins. None are as rare or valuable as most of these nice coins but I do like a nice Morgan and I know ya'll have seen this a few times but's it's my best one!!

1880SMorganNGCMS63PLRevObv.jpg

id have to say, now that ive seen alot of very nice pl morgans i am realy thinking of starting a pl set. very nice all! that 09 s vdb is awsome!