• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr Braddick,,,This coin is a MONSTER...

156 posts in this topic

OK. Where in the world can you store Silver in such a way as to tone it that way in 9 years or less? And why in the world is PCGS slabbing it?

Can of worms, be released! I don't get it. insane.gif

To copy from another thread:

"In this month's inaugural issue of the PCGS Rare Coin Market Report on page 29, it is written:

Ungradeable Coins

PCGS does not grade coins that are counterfeit, have been artifically toned, have had their surfaces altered, have been environmentally damaged, have been abrasively cleaned, have extremely large scratches, or have been repaired".

I do have problems with TPGs slabbing obviously AT items.

This American Silver Eagle is the wildest, craziest toned coin I own or have seen within any series, at any price.

Surprisingly, the color is accurate in the photos- with the last one taken the day I received it back from being slabbed and the others all recently for the auction itself.

I'm certainly not attempting to insult anyone with the asking price- I simply wanted a place to park this one for awhile and am not interested in selling it.

That point is apparently overlooked within the auction text as it seems to have been missed by many who are mocking the coin and/or price.

Thanks Pat. I've been wondering what you would value this coin at ever since I first saw it. Good to know smile.gif

Is there any truth to the story that you purchased this coin for $200 in a PCI slab that has been posted ATS?

Thanks Pat. I've been wondering what you would value this coin at ever since I first saw it. Good to know smile.gif

Is there any truth to the story that you purchased this coin for $200 in a PCI slab that has been posted ATS?

No, there's no truth to that.

After I purchased it raw I had it slabbed by PCI for my personal collection. It didn't remain in that slab for very long.

I value the coin at much, much less than the high asking price.

If I needed to sell it I'd do so at hugh multiples less than that. But, as it stands, I don't need to sell it and I enjoy owning it.

No, there's no truth to that.

After I purchased it raw I had it slabbed by PCI for my personal collection. It didn't remain in that slab for very long.

I value the coin at much, much less than the high asking price.

If I needed to sell it I'd do so at hugh multiples less than that. But, as it stands, I don't need to sell it and I enjoy owning it.

It's a Fantastic piece...I bought this one for spot +10%.It has no where near the color as yours but I like it ,,,I think I posted it before..And No the finger print doesn't bother me a bit..

If it where to sell would it bother you??

Untitled-3.png

Untitled-4.png

This American Silver Eagle is the wildest, craziest toned coin I own or have seen within any series, at any price.

Surprisingly, the color is accurate in the photos- with the last one taken the day I received it back from being slabbed and the others all recently for the auction itself.

I'm certainly not attempting to insult anyone with the asking price- I simply wanted a place to park this one for awhile and am not interested in selling it.

That point is apparently overlooked within the auction text as it seems to have been missed by many who are mocking the coin and/or price.

Hi, braddick

Wow! Your coin is very colorful! headbang.gif

IMHO that coin is where it will be appreciated the most, with you! thumbsup2.gif

Perhaps it can become your avatar here or part of your tag line? grin.gif

AAJ

Things that make you go 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

gossip.gif

1767828-pat1.jpg

1767828-pat2.jpg

I can see why it didn't stay in the PCI RED holder for very long poke2.gif

1767828-pat2.jpg.777a6d36de734d9a60cc904b9ef2b8c8.jpg

I think that some of us would be surprised at the market out there for these. Alot of people not only like toned coins, whether NT or AT, and also purchase alot of the painted (colored) coins also.

I think PCI grade of this coin is SPOT ON !!!

Who would have thunk it foreheadslap.gif

popcorn.gif

Show the pic ATS and then take bets on how long it will last before it goes POOF!

iStock_can%20of%20worms.jpg

This is completely off-topic, but I can't help it. That picture of the "can of worms" reminds me of the classic scene in "Fargo" 27_laughing.gif!

OK, now back to our regularly scheduled AT vs. NT argument....

popcorn.gif

The coin Is what it Is...A piece of Silver that was givin shape and has toned...Beautiful Colors ....The fact that PCGS has awarded it with a Number is Awesome and to be honest, and as James has said many times If you pay to get a number from the TPG's you should get one.

After all the garbage that PCI has spewed from it's number mill,Who here can say that they are right and PCGS is wrong?

This is NOT the old reliable slab from PCI...You need to check the fonts.And those 6's are from AFTER the sale of the company.

For all those who say that PCGS should take it off the market, Well there is a BUY IT NOW button.

If they don't hit it then I guess we can all infer that they continue to believe it is a Natural coin.

I like it ,,,I like it A LOT...If I had $5,006 disposable income I would Hit it.

For all those who say that PCGS should take it off the market, Well there is a BUY IT NOW button.

If they don't hit it then I guess we can all infer that they continue to believe it is a Natural coin.

I don't think that's a sound inference, for a few reasons.

First, they might be aware of the posting about the coin, but not that it's up for sale or, if so, where. We simply don't know how much or how closely they have read about it.

Second, even if they do know it's up for sale and think it shouldn't be in their holder, they would likely try to obtain it by means other than "buy it now".

Third, there is also the possibility that they really don't have any good idea as to whether or not the coin is natural and choose not to take it off the market. So, the fact that they haven't hit "buy it now" doesn't necessarily tell us anything about what they know or think about the coin.

First, they might be aware of the posting about the coin, but not that it's up for sale or, if so, where. We simply don't know how much or how closely they have read about it.

Second, even if they do know it's up for sale and think it shouldn't be in their holder, they would likely try to obtain it by means other than "buy it now".

Third, there is also the possibility that they really don't have any good idea as to whether or not the coin is natural and choose not to take it off the market. So, the fact that they haven't hit "buy it now" doesn't necessarily tell us anything about what they know or think about the coin.

Well it seems that Mr B ended the first auction and reposted it with a lower BIN

Looks like it sold.

That was quite a reduction in price if I do say so myself. I'm not good at all at judging NT from AT, but that SAE had some wild colors to it.

Well it seems that Mr B ended the first auction and reposted it with a lower BIN

Looks like it sold.

I can't see where it sold, only that the "buy it now" had been lowered to $250 and that the item is no longer for sale. There is no indication that the listing was ended with a "buy it now". Hopefully Pat will let us know what happened.

popcorn.gif

Show the pic ATS and then take bets on how long it will last before it goes POOF!

It is there and was still there this AM