• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you get a FSB dime whic is not MS-65 ? + MD Indian Cent ?

9 posts in this topic

Hi there hi.gif

Just picked these three coins from a coin collecting mate for £5.. $10 Have i stung him and should i give him some more £'s

Q: Can you get a Fully split Band coin which is not MS65.. mind after the spots are removed its going to be close !! i have tried to get the scans good but the bands are all split..

the 1903 is also in nice condition and seems to have at least mecanical dubbling to the ONE CENT

How much do you rate the 3 coins at as i would not like to rip him off as he is sound with me and will not bid on lots i am after at my local auction room..

all the best thumbsup2.gif

1765374-%26.jpg

1765374-%26%26.jpg

1765374-%26%26%26%26.jpg1765374-%24%244.jpg

1765374-%26%24%A3.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

That's a great pickup for $10 dooly. I think you will probably just miss on the split bands, but it can't get much closer. Just take your coin mate to McDonalds. thumbsup2.gif

The 1903 IHC looks like a nice coin, as long as there is no PVC on it, which would likely grade VF30 and would be worth approximately $2-$3. The Lincoln cent appears to be an attractive coin that I would grade EF45 and might be worth $1. The Mercury dime, although an EF45/AU50 coin, has spots that give it some negative eye appeal. A problem-free 1919 in this grade range is a $10-$15 coin, but the spots would reduce the price and liquidity. Overally, I believe it was a fair transaction for both parties.

By the way, a coin can be AU and still receive the FB designation.

Nice pick-up dooly. Don't think you ripped your friend. Looks like you both probably came out as you both would have expected to. thumbsup2.gif

The dime looks like an UNC with FSB to me, but it needs to be curated. I would send it to NCS immediately. Regarding grade levels for FSB coins, I have seen a dime graded as low as AU-55 with the FB qualifier. I'd bet there are even lower-graded coins than that which qualified for full bands.