• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Probably a Mistake but SAY Buh Bye to this set - GOLD

16 posts in this topic

Wow, I did not know raw, opened sets were bringing that much. I WAS thinking of sending in my sealed box to be graded, but I may just hang on to it, It may be worth more raw.....

MM 893whatthe.gif

I listed it three times and If it did not go I was going to hold it for another year or so ... I have seen one go for 6250 so I figured one more time smile.gif

It was the charm

You got a very good price for this set. Most have been going for $5,400 to $5,600. I keep thinking about selling mine, but next year at this time they may be selling for $7,000 - $9,000 so think I'll hold off.

If the mint never makes another reverse proof these things could be selling for five figures in a few years.

Don't forget: You can never lose taking a profit. smile.gif

Correct and it was tying up Cash for the things I do collect.

Eyeballing the PROOF BiMetallic for my Collection ... grin.gif

Oh. My. God.

I'm in the wrong line of work. smile.gif That was a nicely-written auction, jgrinz.

Thanks Dave

Nice profit there Mike!! thumbsup2.gif I couldn't afford the gold set but I do have one silver set and it looks like they are over tripling in price of what they sold for. yay.gif

Nice profit there Mike!! thumbsup2.gif I couldn't afford the gold set but I do have one silver set and it looks like they are over tripling in price of what they sold for. yay.gif

I had one of all three sets ... Doubled up on the silver raw ... broke EVEN on the GOLD/Silver cause there was nothing really special about it ... Little over double on the gold.

I have a MultiSlab Silver Set though MS70/PF70/RPF70 smile.gif

That one will get you some profit back for sure!! thumbsup2.gif

Not for Sale cause I consider the Reverse Proof as PART of my Silver Eagle PROOF set though NGC does not see it that way. I am doubling up on the 06 Rgular proof but the 20th proof is Pedigreed to the 20th anniversary set so I do not consider that really a duplicate ...

I would not think my Set complete with out those three coins 2006 Proof / 2006 Proof (20th) 2006 Reverse Proof.

That one will get you some profit back for sure!! thumbsup2.gif

Not for Sale cause I consider the Reverse Proof as PART of my Silver Eagle PROOF set though NGC does not see it that way. I am doubling up on the 06 Rgular proof but the 20th proof is Pedigreed to the 20th anniversary set so I do not consider that really a duplicate ...

I would not think my Set complete with out those three coins 2006 Proof / 2006 Proof (20th) 2006 Reverse Proof.

Think about the bump in price when they are included in the set 893scratchchin-thumb.gif..

Nice job on the Gold.. thumbsup2.gif

At 110% profit I guess I can not complain RIGHT
I've seen people complain about a 2400% profit ATS so one can ALWAYS complain!

Great job on the gold! Congrats on getting your price smile.gif

As for waiting till later, now that money has been freed up he can buy more keepers a well as other investment items, such a the Anniversary APEs, if he wants.

I also consider the Reverse Proof part of the ASE series and one of the keys too. It is gorgeous and any ASE collection without it is missing out.