• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storage of my Modern Commemoratives

15 posts in this topic

Well I am one coin short of completing all my silver dollar and halves in my Modern Commemoratives. My last coin is at NGC for grading. (Thanks to RONS) So I thought Id show them off a bit.

My Half dollars are:

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/...dTab=SetListing

My dollars are:

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/...dTab=SetListing

I will make images for each coin in the next week or two. And if I can find mint information such as each year’s mintage I will include a description as well.

I decided to place this set in a Flat File. These files are used to keep those oversized documents, artwork, blue prints in. Do an Internet search for Flat File if you have an interest in the same storage method. I have access to about 20 of these file cabinets in various sizes. (Used)

The size I use for mine is: Overall - 53-3/8"Wx41-3/8"Dx16-1/2"H; Inside Drawer 50"Wx38"Dx2-1/8"H. Weighs around 275 pounds and is a 5 drawer.

Each coin is in a Intercept Shield

I think a few silica packs in each drawer will help also.

I will add a lock to this and bolt it to the floor.

Here is one picture. It is a poor image due to my camera and being in the floor of my closet.

drawer.jpg

Image of a Flat File

file.jpg

Jeff,

Congatulations on the completion of your sets. Viewed your listings and seems to be some nice coins. Good tip for storage as well. thumbsup2.gif

Rey

Nice set-up, Jeff! Once I get the dividers, velvet lining and padding for this, I will be using it for my medals. 1749892-IMG_1540.JPG

Chris

1749892-IMG_1540.JPG.67748b4938851f1e3490813e62e55754.JPG

Ted, I admire your "go get 'em" attitude over the past few months in completing this set! Outstanding, sir! 893applaud-thumb.gif

As I've mentioned, I also love the modern silver dollar commems!

Very cool storage cabinets, Ted and Chris! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks everyone. Rey, 123cents, Bobby, Tom, and EZ!!

It was a long road. But now my road gets longer. As in $$$$$.

I will start the GOLD comms next. Ill report back on those in about 3 years.

Chris- I love the look of the wood. I may look into those.

Congrats on the sets and cools storage method! It makes me embarrassed since all my modern commems are in their original plastic lenses in my safe deposit boxes!

Chris,

Thanks for the lead on the wood cabinets, being a collector of minerals, fossils, coins, stamps and anything else that could possibly drive my wife crazy because of all of the "exhibits" around the house, these are wonderful and I am already shopping.

Rey

Congratulations on a complete set. Are you going to replace any of the 69s for 70s? Or are you completely done?

CoinCurious as with most "Collectors" YES I will always be loooking to upgrade.

So I guess my work isnt over yet.

Thanks!!!

Jeffs

PS I do have a few doubles at this time.