• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Semi-off topic

5 posts in this topic

I didn't want to be forced to post this in the water cooler, so I'll add some coin info to keep it legit, but I found out the results of the CFA exam today, and I passed level 3! The last one, now just a few more steps remain, none of which require studying (I hope!). And to keep it Cointeresting, I am hope and found a bunch of random coins at my parents, so I went to the coin shop and bought new folders for WL halves, Liberty Nickels, and IHCs, so I have 3 new sets started on my vacation.

Congrats on passing the CFA. I thought seriously about taking it, but the time involved as well as a different career path changed my mind.

Last I heard there were only something like 25,000 people in the country that have passed the CFA.

well, you presented me with a question and I had to find the answer, so according to the AIMR website, there are 60,000 members worldwide, and 77% of them have the CFA Charter, so I guess that would translate to roughly 46,000 worldwide, and 77% of the total are in North America, so that might mean about 35,000 in the US have passed.

Congrats! I briefly considered the CFA and decided instead to sit for the CPA. Already have a Series 7 & 24; any more finance would just be too much excitement. Thought I'd cool off a bit with some accounting. I heard part three requires minimal preparation, simply walk in with a pencil--in contrast to part deux which I hear is a total beeitch...

Almost forgot, congrats on your 3 new sets!

I think level 3 used to be that way, but in the last few years it's gotten a lot tougher. I spoke with a lot of folks this year who were taking level 3 for the second time, and they passed 1 and 2 on the first try.