• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got 6 body bags from PCGS today

25 posts in this topic

I have stored coins in the BB's for a year or so without harm to the coin. I live in Washington state, with higher humidity. Sorry about your experience with these coins. It is very frustrating!

Auctually, 6 out of 15 were body bagged and 5 out of 6 were toned copper. Maybe I should never touch this area again wink.gif

If those plastic bags are safe, I'll keep the coins inside for a while......will resubmit to PCGS in body bags next time I try wink.gifwink.gif

Auctually, 6 out of 15 were body bagged and 5 out of 6 were toned copper. Maybe I should never touch this area again wink.gif

If those plastic bags are safe, I'll keep the coins inside for a while......will resubmit to PCGS in body bags next time I try wink.gifwink.gif

Toyo, could you post pics of the bb's, please. That way we can learn where they are at on their grading standards. Were they early copper or IHC's or later?

Years ago when I actually used PCGS a lot I used to go to the dealer to pick up my submissions. The bodybagged coins would go directly back to PCGS. I believe I had about an 80% success rate on the next time thru.

The bags do not contain PVC as far as I know. However, they are not good for long term storage.

What kind of toned copper are we talking about?

They are not U.S coins, they are 2 Sen coins from Japan.

I took a few pictures of these coins, but I'm sure you'll think I'm *spoon* hoping to get these coin in slabs if you just judge from my images because the color looks very odd in the pictures. Of the 5 copper coins body bagged by PCGS this time, I actually showed one coin to Mr.Feld in the past. He wasn't sure it would grade(eventually it got bagged when he submitted for me and this time again), but at the same time he didn't say it's obvious AT.

1749067-%26%2328961%3B%26%2338988%3B.JPG

1749067-2senM10.JPG

1749067-2senM10.JPG.20b6a02681053b69ac039ce602fa7c15.JPG

I think they are both very attractive. While I won't say they are AT or NT, they do border on the Market Acceptable line and I think they may make it into a slab at some point.

They are not U.S coins, they are 2 Sen coins from Japan.

I took a few pictures of these coins, but I'm sure you'll think I'm *spoon* hoping to get these coin in slabs if you just judge from my images because the color looks very odd in the pictures. Of the 5 copper coins body bagged by PCGS this time, I actually showed one coin to Mr.Feld in the past. He wasn't sure it would grade(eventually it got bagged when he submitted for me and this time again), but at the same time he didn't say it's obvious AT.

1749067-%26%2328961%3B%26%2338988%3B.JPG

1749067-2senM10.JPG

NGC likes that look. Try sending them there.

they are probably much more leery given that they are foreign. the market, i am guessing, is much stronger for us toned copper than japanese (no offense). thus, pcgs is probably much more forgiving on us coinage.

I have stored coins in the BB's for a year or so without harm to the coin. I live in Washington state, with higher humidity. Sorry about your experience with these coins. It is very frustrating!

That may have been what negatively affected the Morgan my folks got me as a child. Sixteen years living in Seattle before moving over here to the east side, where the humidity is about like the Atacama. It's tough keeping them nice in that damp climate.

NGC likes that look. Try sending them there.

So does PCGS.

1894trueview.jpg

devil.gif

Perhaps. Although I have never seen any yellow copper produced by you.

That IHC was graded at least 6 yrs ago.

Those Japanese coins look exactly like the foreign coins you sell on Ebay.

Those Japanese coins look exactly like the foreign coins you sell on Ebay.

Kind of like this one:

1898medtrueview.jpg

smile.gif

Are you jealous? confused-smiley-013.gif

Of course. You've been selling lots of wonderfully toned copper on eBay recently. It's very attractive!! Who wouldn't be jealous!

You should give them more exposure by listing them on the B/S/T forums here and ATS. thumbsup2.gif

Of course. You've been selling lots of wonderfully toned copper on eBay recently. It's very attractive!! Who wouldn't be jealous!

You should give them more exposure by listing them on the B/S/T forums here and ATS. thumbsup2.gif

Pay attention. foreheadslap.gif

ats

ats

If for some reason this one is still available please PM me. (sold..1913 MS64BN $99 Incredible lustrous blue toner) thumbsup2.gif

ats

No flaming blue Indians listed in that thread. confused-smiley-013.gif I like those the best. You've got nice taste!