• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK, I tried the Milk Jug Photo challenge!!! Changed to same coin!

15 posts in this topic

The first pic is my SE proof that I took doin it my normal way of shooting. The second pic was done using an advised trick of cutting a milk jug and using it to place over the coin. Let me know your opinion on which one looks better.

#1 - Normal 2-sided lighting

#2 - Milk Jug Dome

2007SilvereagleProof-1.jpg

SEundermilkjug.jpg

I like the mirrors on the first photos and the frosted devices of the second. Combine the two and you hit a home run. Of the two photos now, I’ll go with the first.

John

First as the second coins reverse got lost smile.gif

I forgot the reverse?? 27_laughing.gif Didn't do it. I actually prefered my first one also.

By the looks of it, I may have to eliminate the milk jug from my photography euqipment. 27_laughing.gif It was worth the effort to try this experiment anyway. It does give the picture a little subdued look. I don't think it looks that bad but I think the original way gives a more clear picture of the coin. Thanks for ya'lls input!! thumbsup2.gif

It would be hard to improve on the first images. thumbsup2.gif They are very high quality. The second one.........well......it sux. tongue.gif