• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think of my coin?

24 posts in this topic

That's a real hard question to answer. I like all my coins. I have a heart for Silver Eagles, a yearning for Morgans, and a need for any coin I can afford. takeit.gif

takes guts to pull a coin out of pcgs and send it to ngc. good move in this case. beautiful coin and welcome to the forum.

Jim

takes guts to pull a coin out of pcgs and send it to ngc. good move in this case. beautiful coin and welcome to the forum.

Jim

Thanks. I Think it's worth more in this grade in a NGC holder than in a lesser grade in a PCGS holder too.

Bruce,

What is the story behind that coin, hole, etc.

Stinkycheese - Nice move on that coin, upgrade and everything, looks nice.

Rey

In the old times holes were drilled into coins and made into necklaces. This coin shows the classic signs of this. Notice on the reverse you see what looks to be cleaning lines. I would gander this is from where the coin rubbed against a shirt for many years. Hence the odd wearing pattern. I got the coin already holed, but I still like it.

Welcome to the neighborhood, Stinky! If I had to pick one coin from my collection as my favorite, it would be.............?........... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.............all of them!

Chris

Nice Saint Stinky Cheese, one of my favorites, for the rest, click the link for my Saint set in my signature line!

I am having doubts about this coin being genuine and the 'NGC' holder looks bogus. You may want to find something else, GCL. wink.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

How many ID's has GCL had here now?

poke2.gif

you should post a link to your Coin Trick videos on Youtube!!!!!!

I think I like it and it looks great in an NGC holder. The NGC holders with the white core add a touch of class that other holders lack in my opinion. thumbsup2.gif

John

No clue who GCL is - but this is what the NGC site shows for that coin cert:

Certification # 2511655-001

Date / Info 1908 NO MOTTO

Denomination $20

Grade MS64

Yes, that's what it is. I'm confused -- why did you post that?

I was Wondering what the Goose3 reply is all about - it seems to question whether the coin you posted is really a genuine NGC coin and makes reference to GCL - no clue what that's about - but per NGC the coin you have shown is an NGC slabbed coin and matches what you posted

I was Wondering what the Goose3 reply is all about - it seems to question whether the coin you posted is really a genuine NGC coin and makes reference to GCL - no clue what that's about - but per NGC the coin you have shown is an NGC slabbed coin and matches what you posted

Awhile back GCL Gold Coin Lover... Now Stinky Cheese got all bent out when someone joked his slab was fake. For another time...

Howdy GCL. I would be careful with your newest stay here at NGC, it might be short. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just right clicked on this guy's banner and saw his photobucket is under spacetimecont username. If you browse through his pictures he has this picture of a person saying Gold coin lover or something (I am assuming that is who GCL is). I have no idea who this person is, but he is over on the CGC comic boards acting like he knows nothing in some sort of attempt to get a rise out of us. Check it out yourselves.

Howdy GCL. I would be careful with your newest stay here at NGC, it might be short. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just right clicked on this guy's banner and saw his photobucket is under spacetimecont username. If you browse through his pictures he has this picture of a person saying Gold coin lover or something (I am assuming that is who GCL is). I have no idea who this person is, but he is over on the CGC comic boards acting like he knows nothing in some sort of attempt to get a rise out of us. Check it out yourselves.

What? I don't know anything about comics but I want to that's why I asked a few questions. cloud9.gif