• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is the strangest bag I've ever seen!

13 posts in this topic

In another thread, I told of receiving the $250 bags of 2007 Sacagaweas. I've been going through the Philly's, and I've never, never searched a bag like this before. So far I have only examined 62 coins. I find myself taking more time and looking at each and every one very carefully with a 10x loupe. Actually, I'm trying to be as critical and discerning as possible. How can this be? It's a bag of coins, and you don't find too many high-grade specimens in a bag. At least that hasn't been the norm.........until now. I was hoping that I might find a smattering of 67's and, if I'm lucky, maybe a couple of 68's. What is going on with this bag? So far, I have set 34 aside for grading out of the first 62. Of those, 25 should probably grade 67. But, the other 9 are almost unbelievable. I have to look very, very carefully just to find the faintest tickmark. Honestly, at least three of them should grade 69. I can't find any flaws in them.

What did the Mint do, here? Did they carefully, with gloved hands, place each coin, one by one, gently into this bag? Maybe this bag was supposed to go to QVC instead. If that is the case, they can't have it back.

I'd like to hurry through the rest of this bag so I can send them in for grading, but I still can't believe what I am seeing. More tomorrow! I have to go to work.

Chris

Kind of makes me want to buy a bag or two.

I'd be afraid to buy another bag or two lest the bubble bursts.

Chris

I just finished going through the Philly bag, and I will be submitting 54 for grading. We'll see what comes of it. Rats! No edge lettering.

Chris

I just finished going through the Philly bag, and I will be submitting 54 for grading. We'll see what comes of it. Rats! No edge lettering.

Chris

Consider getting 100 coins and doing a bulk grading. It's a lot cheaper.

Chris

Greg, I didn't know that anyone could submit for bulk grading and get a discount. I thought that was reserved only for dealers. With the 10% discount I get for using the online submission, the per-coin charge for the Modern tier comes to $11.25. What would the per-coin charge be for bulk grading? Since I have already completed the submission form, is there any way I can cancel it? I wouldn't want to irritate anyone at NGC, though.

Thanks!

Chris

Chris

Greg, I didn't know that anyone could submit for bulk grading and get a discount. I thought that was reserved only for dealers. With the 10% discount I get for using the online submission, the per-coin charge for the Modern tier comes to $11.25. What would the per-coin charge be for bulk grading? Since I have already completed the submission form, is there any way I can cancel it? I wouldn't want to irritate anyone at NGC, though.

Thanks!

Chris

PM with details sent.