• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know how to decipher a barcode on an NGC label?

35 posts in this topic

Seems to be buying pretty actively

Health Smealth

Scammer still buying AU coins to pass off as MS ones I am sure

and this is what he was scamming for ...

1721725-scammer.jpg

Just think If Mark was not in the loop and bought this coin he woul dhave bought this car for this Jack

1721725-scammer.jpg.34412b9fbd4d3f5c712db8bf194cbbf7.jpg

Did a search on Heritage. Going back to May of 2000, there is no record of that coin with the NGC number 2513106-001. Most sold in the $800+ to $900+ range. Any coin before that date did not photo the coin in the holder.

Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt that the coin was once in an NGC 63 holder, he was deceitful in his first listing. In addition to including "NGC MS63 certified" (which the coin clearly wasn't at the time) in the listing title, he failed to mention that the coin had previously been graded less than MS63, or to note the grade on the NGC label that accompanied his photo.

Deceitful because he failed to mention the coin graded lower than MS63 in the past? 27_laughing.gif Would you mention this when selling a coin at auction?

He's a scumbag for a lot of reasons, but not for failing to mention the coin graded lower in the past.

Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt that the coin was once in an NGC 63 holder, he was deceitful in his first listing. In addition to including "NGC MS63 certified" (which the coin clearly wasn't at the time) in the listing title, he failed to mention that the coin had previously been graded less than MS63, or to note the grade on the NGC label that accompanied his photo.

Deceitful because he failed to mention the coin graded lower than MS63 in the past? 27_laughing.gif Would you mention this when selling a coin at auction?

He's a scumbag for a lot of reasons, but not for failing to mention the coin graded lower in the past.

Greg, deceitful because he mentioned only one (alleged) previous grade, only the highest one, and not even the one that corresponded with the grading label in his image.

With respect to the other question you asked - since the advent of PCGS and NGC grading, I have not sold an uncertified coin in auction. If I were to do so, however, my approach would be very different from that of the seller being discussed here. Yes, I have sold a small number of certified coins which had upgraded. And, unless asked, I have not mentioned that they had up-graded. If, because of that, you wish to put me in the same group as the Ebay seller, that is your prerogative. poke2.gif