• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The things sellers will do ... Makes me stand back and wonder ...

9 posts in this topic

You got to check this out

Infamous SCRACE MORGAN DOLLAR

First its a AU - then lets stick a sticker on the back falsifing PRICING for certain grades and then have the cahonies to say its SCRACE come on its not even close to being SCRACE ... they are however a little scarce smile.gif

I really don't see anything wrong with this coin. PCGS pricing is not always the price to go by but I'm sure as anyone knows, it is the standard that everyone uses, regardless of the slab. I think that if NGC would allow thier pricing to be public, that there would be more NGC speculated prices showing on auctions of NGC slabbed coins than the PCGS that is always used. IMHO

I think that if NGC would allow thier pricing to be public, that there would be more NGC speculated prices showing on auctions of NGC slabbed coins than the PCGS that is always used. IMHO
Only if the NGC prices are higher wink.gif

I really don't see anything wrong with this coin. PCGS pricing is not always the price to go by but I'm sure as anyone knows, it is the standard that everyone uses, regardless of the slab. I think that if NGC would allow thier pricing to be public, that there would be more NGC speculated prices showing on auctions of NGC slabbed coins than the PCGS that is always used. IMHO

In my auctions I use PCGS pricing because I know it is inflated and people can access it for free. I wouldn't call it the standard - at least not for dealers.

NGC does not have a price guide. They contract with Numismedia who has a price guide.

The only price guide I've been using lately is realized auction prices. Eventually I might start utilizing price guides but I tend to be very skeptical unless I see people actually paying those prices.

The only price guide I've been using lately is realized auction prices. Eventually I might start utilizing price guides but I tend to be very skeptical unless I see people actually paying those prices.

Well said. smile.gif