• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Brent-Kruger the place to buy?

14 posts in this topic

Hello all,

All my local coin shops have locations and hours that don't cooperate with my work schedule.

If I want to buy a couple hundred flips, a couple Dansco albums, etc. is Brent-Kruger a pretty good place to buy?

I ordered my Dansco albums from them. Very prompt shipment, and easy on-line ordering. I did only use them twice though.

B-K has a good diversity of choices, but their shipping is expensive. Check out amosadvantage.com for good prices and low shipping.

Hoot

I have ordered from Brent-Krueger once, and was pleased to receive the order promptly as expected.

My orders are too few and far between to build a "good customer" relationship with a single supplier. Therefore, I like to glean the contact information of recomended suppliers from threads like this one and comparison shop when I need to buy.

Matt

My favorite online supplies places are JPs Corner and Brooklyn Gallery of Stamps and Coins. Albums are cheaper at Brooklyn Gallery and JPs is a great place to buy AirTites.

Scott hi.gif

I just went through hoops ordering a Barber Quarter Dansco album. I always liked Brooklyn Galleries myself until tonight. I had to jump through hoops on their website to make an order and at the end of it all, they wanted $10 shipping just for the album. Do, I did a google search and finally found a place the was more reasonable on shipping charges.

I've used B-K a few times. After my current order I may change. I ordered some mint and proof set storage boxes on the 22nd of Feb. and granted, I did select ground shipping, but I think a delivery date of March 6 to be a little excessive. mad.gif

I've heard of most places listed here already but when I check out thier web sites they all appear a little on the high side and I really don't care for postage, handling, shipping, etc. I would suggest you type in coin shows in a google search and your state. At coin shows I've always been able to acquire Albums, 2x2's, 1 1/2 x 1 1/2's, coin books, extra pages for albums and just about everything else. The coin shows I go to are fairly common and repetitive so getting to know dealers there has been helpful. I tell them what I want, how much I'm willing to pay and presto, next show they have it. Don't know where they get their stuff, don't ask, but prices are dramatically low.