• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Bison bison lives!

8 posts in this topic

Just could not help but post a couple of new acquisitions to the Bison bison set! smile.gif Each of these coins represents a careful expenditure and a lot of searching. The 1918 was a coin that I picked up raw in the dusty corner of an out-of-the-way coin shop while on travel in California. It required conservation to get rid of many tiny carbon spots, but the coin is now shown in its full glory. I'm pleased....

1918 buffalo 5c

1921 buffalo 5c

1923 buffalo 5c

1929-S buffalo 5c

1937-D buffalo 5c

Each of these coins displays what I like best in a buffalo nickel - eye appeal! Am I having too much fun? laugh.gif Now 43% complete, my collection of these nickels has a LONG way to go! insane.gif

Hoot

Very pretty bisons...and the Indian is also handsome!

In truth, I also really like the description of the coin. It's a lot of fun to read that you found a coin in a coin shop and had to ask, as well as the other details. I LIKE stories about the coins as well as details about their appearance.

Mark

Thanks Keith and Mark! I like best the stories that go with the coins - that'd be the best thing about knowing any coin's pedigree. I'm sure that volumes could be spoken of the travels and special handling of any of the coins collected, and wouldn't it be great to put in a diary of sorts!

Hoot

Thanks guys! And Ken, if you EVER switch from Mercs, I'll simply fall over dead. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Hoot