• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What coin, priced below $1000, would you most like to own?

10 posts in this topic

I want the expensive Indian Head cents from the 1870's, to finish my collection of IH's.

There are lots of high grade circ medieval European silver crowns that I would love to own. I was thinking about doing a "type" set of English silvers dating back to Alfred of Wessex.

The "type" would be each Wessex, or English after unification, monarch.

Just doing that spanning the First Hundred Years War, ending with the rise of the House of Tudor at Bosworth Field, would be a treat.

"A crown, a crown, my $1K for a crown!"

smile.gif

EVP

An 1836 dollar in PCGS PR06.

I just noticed you stated under $1,000.00.

So my first choice is out.

I'd go an AU58 1955/55. I've always wanted one of those.

I would go with a 1909-S VDB, 1914-D and 1922 Plain Lincoln cents in the best grade possible to get all three for under $1K (if that's even possible, it is according to the Red Book!). That way I could finally complete my Lincoln Cent album started when I was 10.

I would go with a 1909-S VDB, 1914-D and 1922 Plain Lincoln cents in the best grade possible to get all three for under $1K (if that's even possible, it is according to the Red Book!). That way I could finally complete my Lincoln Cent album started when I was 10.

Same here. CHRIS