• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHE SAID YES!!!

50 posts in this topic

Ok well I must tell the rest of the board what that means and how this relates to coins. Back in May of last year I met this wonderful girl online. Long story how we met. Anyhow things hit off well and have been a bit up and down at times, but it has never faded between us. We both knew distance would not last forever so finally I had to throw down the gauntlet. I told her I would do whatever it takes for the chance to make it work out. She is from Australia and she is a beauty. Her name is Ellen. Well I had thrown the gauntlet down a few days back and she said give her some time to think about it, in which I did. Well today she said YES! So this means sometime soon I will be heading off to Australia to see if things work out. I may sell off some coins to help fund this adventure. I know this may come as a shock to many of you all, but this is something I have to try or else I will regret it for the rest of my life. I have thought it all out and what if's etc. I am not sure how much I will be posting on the boards but I will try and keep in touch. This is something I must do for myself and her. If it works out then it will be great, and if not at least I tried. This will also get me a new fresh start I had talked about some time back. OH I AM EXCITED!! Here is a picture of her...

ellenl.jpg

applause.gif

I'll say Very Fine, no, what am I saying, EXTREMELY fine, definitely! Note: this is on the 1-40 scale. Looks like a lovely young lady, and I'll certainly be hoping that it works out well all the way around.

Wow. This is great news! I’m so happy for you. Ellen is stunning! It’s great that you’ll get a fresh start. Everything about it sounds like a great adventure. I hope you will try to continue to post and I don’t even mean about coins. I want to hear about this whole trip/move/whatever it turns out to be. Very cool and again I’m so happy for you thumbsup2.gif

Excellent!

Best wishes and good for you for acting on a gut instinct. That trait is lost these days.

(Hey! Now you just might sell me that 1965 monster green Kennedy!)

893applaud-thumb.gif

Congratulations !!

Ellen sure is a beauty. Fresh starts can be quite exciting.

Hey, when the internet makes it to Australia, you'll be able to check in back here !!

Best wishes.....

Paul

Congratulations Bruce - I'll say PR 70 DCam. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif Please keep posting to let us know how things are progressing and also keep snapping and don't forget to post those picts. I'm thrilled for you. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

She is stunning, Bruce! Congratulations! Now I can understand why you were acting wierd last year. I can't say that I blame you.

If you ever happen to be in Wagga Wagga, NSW, look up an old friend of mine. His name is Peter Raczkowski. Don't ask me what a Pole is doing in Australia. I met him at the Valley International 8-Ball Championships a few years back.

Best wishes for the both of you!

Chris

Thanks for all the congrats and praise. Victor may be able to tell you just how hard it has been to get to this point we are now. I am very very excited!! On on a sidenote to Skyman. I will be able to finish imaging the coins you sent soon. Thanks again everybody!! Here is another picture....

ellenll.jpg

Be sure to get a Vegamite sandwich.

Funny you should say that. We were just talking about that the other day. I am not so sure that looks too appealing, but we shall see.

Crikey!

Congratulations to you - I wish you both well. Hey - it worked for Steve and Terry Irwin, why not you? Take things at their pace, use your head (the one on your shoulders) and treat her like a lady. Best wishes, once again!

You realize that if you move down there permanently, you've got to become our cheap source for Aussie coins smile.gif

P.S. Pet a wallaby for me...I've always wanted to do that.

Michael, if I had not been using my head all along I would not be where I am today with her. I will be sure to do that for you. Hayden yes she has. She even says the fro fits me.. HAHA. I may cut it before I go so I can donate it. I better get used to Kilo and KM not to mention Celcius. It was nearly 40c Today there. 40c is 104 F, which is hot. cool.gif

Michael, if I had not been using my head all along I would not be where I am today with her. I will be sure to do that for you. Hayden yes she has. She even says the fro fits me.. HAHA. I may cut it before I go so I can donate it. I better get used to Kilo and KM not to mention Celcius. It was nearly 40c Today there. 40c is 104 F, which is hot. cool.gif

Duh! Doesn't it stand to reason that when it is winter in the northern hemisphere, it is summer in the southern hemisphere. What is the temperature in Mesquite during the summer? At least you will get to see the Southern Cross.

Chris

Forget the Southern Cross; if you're going down to Australia you have the Large and Small Magellanic Clouds, the coal sack, the Eta Carinae Nebula, the globular clustar Omega Centauri, and in addition, the core of the Milky Way directly overhead. The south beats the north in everything but planetary nebulae.

If you move down there without a telescope, I will never speak to you again. makepoint.gifwink.gif

Forget the Southern Cross; if you're going down to Australia you have the Large and Small Magellanic Clouds, the coal sack, the Eta Carinae Nebula, the globular clustar Omega Centauri, and in addition, the core of the Milky Way directly overhead. The south beats the north in everything but planetary nebulae.

If you move down there without a telescope, I will never speak to you again. makepoint.gifwink.gif

Who was talking about stars? I was talking about a bar! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

devil.gifC devil.gifH devil.gifR devil.gifI devil.gifS devil.gif

Who was talking about stars? I was talking about a bar! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

devil.gifC devil.gifH devil.gifR devil.gifI devil.gifS devil.gif

What does Zach know about bars. He's barely old enough to be on the internet.

Bruce: Good luck. She is quite the pretty lady (and the Australian accent is just killer! ) cool.gif