• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New ANACS, are they doing fine?

10 posts in this topic

According to my terribly limited experience, ANACS was grading coins conservatively when they made their new start.(correct me if I'm wrong)

I don't remember how many months have passed scince their new start, but how are they grading coins these days?

I've been tossing them a coin or two lately. Mostly problem stuff.....I would call them "liberal minus" ......Maybe 'conservative plus'......seem to be consistent though.....

Paul

If they are "liberal minus" or "so so", you mean they have gone back to older slabs days?

Not exactly.....Perhaps they are occasionaly a point 'loose'......

Paul

I've been burned a couple of times on ANACS coins that wouldn't holder with NGC or PCGS, so I'm more cautious now than I have been in the past.

(edited to add: one in an old holder and one in a new holder)

I generally will not have a problem buying an ANACS coin as long as it is not big dollar item. Generally speaking, there are decent circulated ANACS coins out there. And there are plenty of $50-150 coins that I would like that you will just not find in PCGS or NGC slabs. If I spend money on ANACS coins in that range, the $ risk is very low, so if/when I get a bad one, I am not out much if I want to resell. I think the biggest problem is on re-holdering. You never know what NGC or PCGS is going to think of a problem free coin that was in an ANACS slab. So if you buy with the intention to re-holder, NEVER buy a coin that loses lots of value if it drops a grade (or two).

I have recently picked up a couple of ANACS coins that were ridiculously UNDERgraded, and brought significant premiums just cracking them out and selling raw. This is not necessarily a "good" thing though, if it is evidence of inconsistency....

I've used ANACS for a long time. I also signed up on their web site, but never received any info until today. They sent me a special offer to grade 10 modern coins (1964 to date) with a 10 day service for $8.00 per coin. Sounds like they're looking for business. Any thoughts?

I've used ANACS for a long time. I also signed up on their web site, but never received any info until today. They sent me a special offer to grade 10 modern coins (1964 to date) with a 10 day service for $8.00 per coin. Sounds like they're looking for business. Any thoughts?

I got the same e-mail. I don't know if this can be used by anyone, but the promotional code is #S1070228 if you're interested.

Chris