• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just added my FB/FT Roosevelts to NGC Set Registry

15 posts in this topic

Just added my FB/FT Roosevelts to NGC Set Registry (Full Torch Only)

Although the name dosen't match at least they are there now.

Bottom of the list now but not for long (watch out Nick) smile.gif.

Glen

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

That's great timing. The scores for clad FT dimes have just been added. smile.gif

On a semi-related subject. Right now, if you had some FT Roosevelts, would you sell them before the market gets established and hope that you get a good price for them or hold on to them and hope they start to bring a premium and that you are holding rarer dates in FT?

I recently received back some FT Roosevelts from NGC and I've been debating what to do with them.

One of the coins, a 1965, is graded MS68FT which makes it the top pop both here and across the street.

Greg- I'd SELL. There will always be a premium for these but not at the level, percentage wise, you can get for the coins now.

Sell while the prices are insane, and just add a paragraph that the rarity isn't really known since both services just started slabbing these if you need to ease your conscience.

Greg- I'd SELL. There will always be a premium for these but not at the level, percentage wise, you can get for the coins now.

What kind of premiums are they bringing? I haven't really followed this area that much.

I think I'll send my 1965 MS68FT to TeleTrade and see what they can get for it. They seem to get good priced for top pop stuff.

Greg:

How do you think the price you'll get for your coin slabbed by NGC compares to the price you think a similar graded PCGS coin would go for? (I realize that if you had submitted your coin to PCGS, you 1) Might have to wait another 2 months to get it back, and 2) when you received it, the coin might have a full fingerprint as well as a full torch..)

But in truth my question is serious: Do you think that "modern-coin registry mania" has hit NGC coins as hard as it hit PCGS coins? Personally, I think not, at least for clad dimes, because there do not seem to be many NGC slabbed clad dimes. But, what's your (and anyone else's!) opinion?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

I see the price (market) for all Roosie's (with the exception for top pop) as being very low. The coin just can't get a foot hold.

Even the lowest mintage one "W" coin. Can be had for cheap.

I dought that this series will ever bring the money no matter what the grading services do to make them rare.

Of course I'm still going to try and have the best set.

Glen

I think for my pop 1 I will get a solid price regardless of what slab it is in. I think a serious registry player will try to cross the coin if they are intent on having a PCG$-only registry set.

For the other coins, I don't know. Will people pay less because it isn't PCG$ or will they pay the same or more because NGC has a much stricter standard?

Overall, I think that the modern registry fever has slowed with PCG$ coins and heated up with NGC coins. For clads PCG$ still leads, but for the modern silver, a top pop coin will bring strong prices in either slab.

Even the lowest mintage one "W" coin. Can be had for cheap.

The problem with this coin is that it comes nice. I made one in MS68 in the same batch. Probably a $50-$75 coin. frown.gif

Of course I'm still going to try and have the best set.

Are you putting your set together by buying coins or slabbing your own?

Greg - I think you stand a good chance of getting a solid price for the coin. For example, I watched a FS 2003 MS66 Jeff sell on Teletrade the other night for $180 + bp! Nuts! No established populations and not a rare coin by any stretch of the imagination. I'll bet the registry participants will cause the price of your coin to bid up similarly.

Hoot

I agree with HOOT. Teletrade is the way to go on these type of coins. For whatever reason these Top Pop single digit Moderns can really climb in price during spirited bidding.

Worse case scenerio- it doesn't catch, for one reason or another, knowing you Greg the little I do I bet you don't have a ton sunk into these dimes!

Worse case scenerio- it doesn't catch, for one reason or another, knowing you Greg the little I do I bet you don't have a ton sunk into these dimes!

Something along the lines of slabbing fees plus max a couple of dollars per coin. smile.gif

They're going off to TT tomorrow.

I guess this FT thing was inevitable, but it makes one stop and think about the viability (economic sense) of $10 each extra for MS66/67 coin reslab. My silver Roosie set is about 3-15 years old (no new ones). Maybe the MS67 Roosie Silver coins are justified to reattribute, but how about the MS66's.

About 2/3rds+ of my MS67 Silver Roosies will FT, but only about 1/2 the MS66 Roosies. The Registry points are nice, but when the smoke clears ($350.00+ later), will the market make this extra sunken cost worth it? I guess time will tell.