• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What coin would you like to obtain in 2007?

40 posts in this topic

After I recover from my Christmas expenses and whatnot I would like to find an 1805 DBH with original surfaces in F or VF. I was fortunate enough to obtain this 1803 (pictured below) and it would be nice to have an 1805 to go with it.

So what coin would others’ be interested in obtaining in the coming year?

1803.JPG

2007 Coins: Fractional buffalo, Presidential Dollar (Yes, I like them)

Other coins: Saint Gaudens Double Eagle to be purchased around March, Coins for my type set, and more NGC/PCGS morgans for my date set.

I'd like to find a nice generic/semi-generic date Saint in MS66 with no distracting hits on Liberty or the Eagle and a nice orange non-dipped look to it.

Other than the 2007 mint & proof sets, I am thinking of getting a few high grade Morgans for my Morgan set, proof coins for my type set, and maybe another Saint or two.

A '58 and/or '59 high grade PF DCam Frankie OR a low to mid grade '11-D $2.5 Indian. crazy.gif

Good luck on the DCAM 59 Franklin ..... thumbsup2.gif

But if we're only dreamin.....22 Proof Peace ...

1) in choice VF-EF or even through AU. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

2) in solid, choice VF cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

3) in choice VF-EF cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

4) don't laugh, I like these 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

5) Additionally, any nice coin that simply speaks to me grin.gif

If I had the money…

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1799-dollar.jpg

But in the real world I'd like to find a 1921 Peace Dollar this year, MS63/64, Solid strike, good details especially the hair just to the right of the cheek is an important aspect of the coin I’m looking for along with the ever important eye appeal. I don’t see many 1921 Peace Dollars that I really like, many seem to have funny toning or over dipped flat luster, this is also a tough coin to look for online due to the generally poor pictures dealers post. But the ANA is in town this year and that should provide a venue large enough to find this coin in hand. cloud9.gif

I'm definitely going to acquire a 2007 silver Britannia, proof SAE, and two pairs of Jamestown Commems. I've got my first gold piece coming next month - an '04 1/10 oz eagle. Aside from the recent moderns, I'd like a sexzy PF DCAM Franklin half, maybe a couple of MS New Orleans Morgans, maybe some nice early copper, and an attractive original-skinned CBH in EF+ with some crisp details. I'd also like to branch into proof britannias or maybe smaller gold britannias. Dream coins of mine right now would be great examples of the SC sesquicentennial commem and the stone mountain commem. I used to live 10 miles from Sesquicentennial State Park in Columbia, SC and I now live maybe 1.5 hrs from Stone Mountain in GA.

If anyone's going to be getting any '07 Britannias graded, let me know.

It might be interesting to look at this thread again in December 2007 and see who got what they wanted and who's still around.

Good question posed at a good time with FUN coming up, so many great coins on the market, it is easy to get overwhelmed and confused. I think if I could pick the coin I'd like to find it would be a 96 liberty cap cent in VF or so. --Jerry

I have several wants over the next year (or two+)

An "honest" 1815/2 CBH in Good - Fine

To finish my Dansco 7070 which includes:

1. Classic Head Half Cent

2. Shield Nickel with rays

3. Early Seated Liberty Dime

4. Seated Liberty Dime with arrows

5. Seated Dollar (no motto)

6. Seated Dollar (with motto)

None of these are "stoppers" The 1815 CBH will exceed the cost of the rest combined. I'm seriously considering consolidating my collection, selling off excess coins and being more tightly focused on my key areas of interest.

A '58 and/or '59 high grade PF DCam Frankie OR a low to mid grade '11-D $2.5 Indian. crazy.gif

Yeah, hope you've got some DEEP pockets for that one.

If we're dreaming, I'd like the King of Siam set.

In reality it would be really cool, but highly unlikely, to find an 1858 SLQ in PR64DCAM.

Some coins that would be nice to find with good toning would be a 1950-P or D Frankie in MS65FBL, or a '53-P ditto.

Yeah, hope you've got some DEEP pockets for that one.

If we're dreaming, I'd like the King of Siam set.

In reality it would be really cool, but highly unlikely, to find an 1858 SLQ in PR64DCAM.

Some coins that would be nice to find with good toning would be a 1950-P or D Frankie in MS65FBL, or a '53-P ditto.

Maybe I'll settle for the elusive P001 DCam '59 Frankie. Never mind, that would be even rarer. I'll just get a picture. laugh.gif