• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Merry Christmas to all!!! A personal favorite.

16 posts in this topic

I bought this coin 16ish years ago. It is still one of my all time favorites. It is graded MS 63 in an old PCGS rattler, and is easily a 64 by todays standards. No plans to reslab it though because, the good Lord willing, this one isn't going anywhere for a long time. The scratch over the 50 on the reverse is on the slab.

Best wishes to everyone for a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

CappedBust29MS63.jpg

Thanks guys, glad you like her!

What's the Overton Number...?

Haven't a clue. I bought this when putting together a typeset in the late '80's (most of the coins have since been sold off except for the ones I really liked, like this one). While I like looking at CBs I'm not per se a collector of them, so I don't have the Overton book.

Haven't a clue. I bought this when putting together a typeset in the late '80's (most of the coins have since been sold off except for the ones I really liked, like this one). While I like looking at CBs I'm not per se a collector of them, so I don't have the Overton book.

Very nice coin. It is an O-108 R2. According to the latest and greatest Overton book,

(4th edition - by Donald Parsley), yours is the 5th finest known at MS63.

Very nice coin. It is an O-108 R2. According to the latest and greatest Overton book,

There is no way that coin is a 63 ...Eye appeal alone kicks it up a point...Man thats a beautiful coin hail.gif

Thank you very much for the info GAB! I had no idea it was that high up in the ratings. Just for interests sake, where would it fall as a MS64? As a coin collector, while the technical rating is nice, the thing that first got me about this coin (and still does) is the visual impact of it in hand. I've seen plenty of other Busties in the whole series in the last 16 years that are higher grades technically, but I'd still rather have this one. I can definitely see why you guys are CB collectors, it is a VERY nice design.

Thank you very much for the info GAB! I had no idea it was that high up in the ratings. Just for interests sake, where would it fall as a MS64? As a coin collector, while the technical rating is nice, the thing that first got me about this coin (and still does) is the visual impact of it in hand. I've seen plenty of other Busties in the whole series in the last 16 years that are higher grades technically, but I'd still rather have this one. I can definitely see why you guys are CB collectors, it is a VERY nice design.

I think when James sees it you will get a pretty definitive answer..In fact I would PM him If I were you and see about an evaluation.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here is the ranking - again according to Don Parsley:

(67,65,65,64,63)

I am not sure how accurate this is, but a bump up to 64 wouldn't move you too much

according to this census ranking.

You still have a very nice CBH - no matter what!!

thumbsup2.gif