• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 70- This one may need a little research!!!!

10 posts in this topic

QUESTION: Numismatic Guaranty Corporation uses NGCcoin for its website name, because NGC alone was used already. What is the numismatic connection of the institution that used NGC for its website name?

First post with the correct answer wins two intercept sheild boxes.

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all remaining posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

Northrop Grumman (www.ngc.com) supports space technologies and the plastics that are used in the NGC holder were developed as part of their effors.

How's that for pulling one out of my ***? smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifinsane.gif893whatthe.gif

acclaim.gif Hoot

Well, I type in www.ngc.com and Northrup Grumman's home page comes up. I have no clue of the connection between Nortrup Grumman and numismatics though.

Ok this is streaching it but it was all I could come up with.

Vic Fazio who is on thier board of Directors served in Congress for twenty years so he voted on many coin related issues. Also as a member of the House Appropriations Committee he over saw the Tresury and as the result the Mint's budget.

AS I said this is all I could come up with. CHRIS

Northrup Grumman corporation supplied the technology for the inert plastic coin holders as well as the sonic sealing technology.

TRUTH

• Administrator

Very good responses. Just one problem...we screwed up with this question.

The Question: Numismatic Guaranty Corporation uses NGCcoin for its website name, because NGC alone was used already. What is the numismatic connection of the institution that used NGC for its website name?

The Answer was supposed to be: North Georgia College was founded in 1873 in the building that formerly housed the Dahlonega Mint.

Apparantly our friends at North Georgia College dropped NGC.com since the writing of this question (we developed our list of questions some time ago). sorry.gif

So, I'm not sure if Northrup Grumman corporation has any numismatic connection.

Everyone who played will get an intercept shield box!

Sorry. We'll try to get it right next week insane.gif