• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just who were banned "across the street?"

144 posts in this topic

Craton,

I saw your post over there before that thread got zapped, and busted out laughing! Glad you went out in true trooper style 893applaud-thumb.gif.

David is one man. PCGS (CU) is a corporation. David could fade away or get hit by a bus tomorrow; the corporation should issue a meaningful guaranty as David promised.

I just found out today I was banned. My mortal sin was reading their new rules and making a very polite reply with a legitimate concern regarding their censorship ideas. They had actually listed a few new rules and I had no issue with any of them at all except the censorship idea. That was the one everyone had an issue with, was the outright banning if they so much as mentioned anything negative about PCGS. I replied that I politely agreed with their rules except for the censorship. I explained that I felt that it was unfair to censor people for simply saying or implying anything negative about PCGS. I felt that one of the purposes of the boards was to let these type of things be known, and that if they used this constructive criticisim to their advantage instead of trying to sweep it under a rug, that it would make PCGS better in the long run. I was banned. So I've closed all of my accounts with them, deleted my registry sets, and am still deciding what to do with PCGS coins in my collection. I will be no part of any company who does business by violating peoples rights to speak freely about legitimate issues, good or bad.

I didn't post often over there, maybe close to a hundred posts in all. Will probably be just as quiet here too. But thats not the point, wheither a power poster or full time or part time arm chair reader, folks should be able to speak their minds. I enjoyed posts by Lucy Bop, Condor101, Russ and Marty, and more, maybe they will dump the chumps and come over.

I was banned. So I've closed all of my accounts with them, deleted my registry sets, and am still deciding what to do with PCGS coins in my collection. I will be no part of any company who does business by violating peoples rights to speak freely about legitimate issues, good or bad.

I'm sorry to hear of your banning. It most certainly was unwarranted, as were some of the others. It's good to be a man of principle, this will serve you well in your life. No need to start dumping the offenders products though. Even though their attitude bucks the First Amendment, your coins are not to blame.

Paul

I just found out today I was banned. My mortal sin was reading their new rules and making a very polite reply with a legitimate concern regarding their censorship ideas. They had actually listed a few new rules and I had no issue with any of them at all except the censorship idea. That was the one everyone had an issue with, was the outright banning if they so much as mentioned anything negative about PCGS. I replied that I politely agreed with their rules except for the censorship. I explained that I felt that it was unfair to censor people for simply saying or implying anything negative about PCGS.

This hardly surprises me. I figured anyone making any comment regarding this rule (other than an "AMEN") would get the axe. Truly pathetic of them. yeahok.gif

I just found out today I was banned. My mortal sin was reading their new rules and making a very polite reply with a legitimate concern regarding their censorship ideas. They had actually listed a few new rules and I had no issue with any of them at all except the censorship idea. That was the one everyone had an issue with, was the outright banning if they so much as mentioned anything negative about PCGS. I replied that I politely agreed with their rules except for the censorship. I explained that I felt that it was unfair to censor people for simply saying or implying anything negative about PCGS.

This hardly surprises me. I figured anyone making any comment regarding this rule (other than an "AMEN") would get the axe. Truly pathetic of them. yeahok.gif

Yeah, the Bully has the Pulpit!

I would not want to be in an environment where I would be subject to sanction for speaking my mind.

I am glad I was banned from their stinkin' forum.

Good post 1956Half. The NGC registry accepts PCGS slabbed coins, you can start a registry here.

AzLarry, thank you for mentioning that the NGC registry will accept the PCGS graded coins. I have no qualms about dumping my PCGS Walkers as I always felt they were way over graded. But my Buffalos are really nice and I wanted to keep them. Now I know of a way.

Well, I was a chronic lurker across the street for 5 years, and an occasional lurker here. I never posted enough to anger the Gods and get bammed. Never was enough action here, though, to draw me in more than a couple times a month. Now I have two boards to lurk on instead of one, so the washout turns out to be beneficial for me. Nice to see some familiar people here, even if I often disagree (quietly) with some of the statements and conclusions. Merry Christmas and Happy Numismatics to all...and to all a good night (back to lurking for me).

thecointrader

thecointrader on pcgs/ebay/hotmail

I just noticed that at least a couple of threads ATS got nuked - ones that a friend was telling me about. I've also heard that there have been a few more bannings?

I know Legend was banned ATS. I guess that must have been two weeks ago. It was apparently a response to her recent posting on her own website a missive highly critical of unnamed TPGs.

Interesting reading for a newbie. Who would have thunk that coin folks might be intelligent enough to have an opinion, and the audacity to voice it? Also interesting that a corporation of any kind would find a benefit in running off some of their high profile business associates and customers. I guess with all the moderns waiting in the wings to be slabbed it’s no big loss eh?

But as a newbie what do I know?

Interesting reading for a newbie. Who would have thunk that coin folks might be intelligent enough to have an opinion, and the audacity to voice it? Also interesting that a corporation of any kind would find a benefit in running off some of their high profile business associates and customers. I guess with all the moderns waiting in the wings to be slabbed it’s no big loss eh?

But as a newbie what do I know?

you're a quick learner! yeah, arrogance tends to dominate today's corporate world, and PCGS is certainly no exception. they don't mind banning dealers and big coin submitters from their forums, as they know there are tons of modern *spoon* waiting in the wings to be slabbed by coin television show scumbags. you may already know this but it bears repeating here to any newbies; avoid coin television shows like the plague. i'll admit that they are fun to watch, especially the one that has the Steven Spielberg lookalike and his sidekick that apperas to be his daughter or niece (and BTW, she is always stoned as a bat and running off at the mouth with misinformation), but actually buying any of their WAY overpriced garbage should be avoided.

This is my prediction for the next few years: NGC will gain many more clients that are classic US and world coin collectors (that were formally PCGS 'kool-aid' drinkers), as PCGS tends to take far too long for turnaround times, their customer service is spotty at best, and their heavy handed policies on their forum (and toward the general collecting community) turns off a lot of people.

I was banned there. I'm surprised mark feld was banned there.

I didn't know mark was banned. I thought I seen a post from him just the other day. The 20,000th post giveaway?? Am I right?? confused-smiley-013.gif

I didn't know mark was banned. I thought I seen a post from him just the other day. The 20,000th post giveaway?? Am I right?? confused-smiley-013.gif

No, as I haven't posted there since my log-in access was denied in December.

Sorry to hear that Mark, but as for me, I am grateful that you are able to post here!! thumbsup2.gif

I wasn't banned either but I came back from vacation to find all h@!! had broke loose. When I found out from PMs that Conder101 and a couple of others were banned for basically no real reason I could discern, I packed up and moved over here. I lurk ATS and occasionally post...but not nearly to the extent I had previously.

Leo

Sorry to hear that Mark, but as for me, I am grateful that you are able to post here!! thumbsup2.gif

Thank you. I sincerely appreciate that.

That's cladiator who has the 20,000th post give away ATS...he graciously posted here and asked us to attend the banquet over there.

They are still loosing members to banning and threads get zapped on a daily basis. You have to read real fast over there.

MadMarty is still a member...I think that was asked awhile back.

Have a good Memorial Holiday and be safe...we want you back.

~Woody~

That's cladiator who has the 20,000th post give away ATS...he graciously posted here and asked us to attend the banquet over there.

They are still loosing members to banning and threads get zapped on a daily basis. You have to read real fast over there.

MadMarty is still a member...I think that was asked awhile back.

Have a good Memorial Holiday and be safe...we want you back.

~Woody~

Yea WJ, I knew that wasn't Mark's post, I just had thought he replied/posted to that post.

A lot of really good folks got banned and those were some sad days for me.

It's also sad to think that being honest and speaking the truth in a polite manner can get a person banned. There is just something wrong with that.

Sure, I understand they own the site and have the right to do what they wish.

At the same time, having the right to do something is not always the right thing to do.

I'm sure many that were banned could go back but don't wish to and I don't blame them. It would probably involve bowing to someone with a promise to be nice. Not something I could do if I were already being nice.

The truth is, I back down every day but it's with the wife. grin.gif

lkenefic

(S)uper Collector

I wasn't banned either but I came back from vacation to find all h@!! had broke loose. When I found out from PMs that Conder101 and a couple of others were banned for basically no real reason I could discern, I packed up and moved over here. I lurk ATS and occasionally post...but not nearly to the extent I had previously.

Leo

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

I didn't know mark was banned. I thought I seen a post from him just the other day. The 20,000th post giveaway?? Am I right??

Sorry to hear that Mark, but as for me, I am grateful that you are able to post here!!

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif