• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just who were banned "across the street?"

144 posts in this topic

Patrick I didn't know you were banned. What did you do?

I got baited by SM1,,,Then he took offense when I informed him that I could have been his Dad,,,,,If the dog hadn't beat me over the fence.. confused-smiley-013.gif

I got baited by SM1,,,Then he took offense when I informed him that I could have been his Dad,,,,,If the dog hadn't beat me over the fence.. confused-smiley-013.gif

That's funny 27_laughing.gif

That's funny 27_laughing.gif

To be honest,Getting banned was a Very Good thing ...This side of the street is more of a Home like atmosphere...There was a certain arrogance across the street that was somewhat intimidating and the cliques with the lynch mob mentalities were petty and abusive...

I like it here.

AND I like the fact that (what I consider anyway) the brightest and more knowledgeable are coming over here..

thumbsup2.gif

oh, yeah, MBT was in the big blowup thread also. He showed back up as an alt today.
It's amaizing he lasted as long as he did...Should we be expecting him as well?

I have it on good authority that MajorBigTime also got nailed.

Probably for quoting the questionable material. I was wondering about that. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you are going to see someone banned for posting questionable material that the brain surgeon who quotes it and then tries to rub a nose in it will get banned too.

Oh well, he will NOT be missed, except for by Russ tongue.gif

I have it on good authority that MajorBigTime also got nailed.

Probably for quoting the questionable material. I was wondering about that. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you are going to see someone banned for posting questionable material that the brain surgeon who quotes it and then tries to rub a nose in it will get banned too.

Oh well, he will NOT be missed, except for by Russ tongue.gif

I hate to point it out but I'm going to. It took us all day to notice he was gone...

came home late thurs and i tried to log in to check

pm's and i was banned 27_laughing.gif

the day before on the mike thread that was pulled i said i would no longer post on the pcgs forums as per the mark feld fiasco and so the point for me was moot

i rarely if ever post on here anymore also

so a new chapter in my life i am getting out of most of coins and i will be at fun doing just that

time for me to go to bed earlier

get another life an extra part time job and socalize in town here then on the pcgs ms proof 70 forums

and do something more positive

time for a change

cant hurt to try

greg was correct pcgs are a bunch of mean spirited double talking rat finks

edited

and yes that 1913 proof 66 lib nick the auction descriptions and photos of the coin in the former cats before slabbing are different way different then the coin appears now

metal was moved on that coin that was the skuttlebutt going around balty from the dealers

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Edited to add:

so a new chapter in my life i am getting out of most of coins and i will be at fun doing just that

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

It really would be a shame to see you get out of coins over this. Put less time into them or put them on a shelf but hobbies can be important diversions.

The coins and people will still be there if you change your mind.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

and yes that 1913 proof 66 lib nick the auction descriptions and photos of the coin in the former cats before slabbing are different way different then the coin appears now

metal was moved on that coin that was the skuttlebutt going around balty from the dealers

You really shouldn't repeat totally unsubstantiated rumors. This rumor was started [or at least fanned] by Anaconda as a way to get back at Laura - he PM'd me the accusation months ago. His premise was completely flawed - the picture he was using as a basis for his accusation was of the coin IN THE NGC HOLDER. He thought it was raw ... but the holder is hiding the flaw.

Why would ANYONE bother to fix a very slight planchet flaw on the rim of a 1913 nickel?

You really shouldn't repeat totally unsubstantiated rumors. This rumor was started by Anaconda as a way to get back at Laura - he PM'd me the accusation months ago. His premise was completely flawed - the picture he was using as a basis for his accusation was of the coin IN THE NGC HOLDER. He thought it was raw ... but the holder is hiding the flaw.

Well, it's not as though it would affect my bid anyway. wink.gif And I can't believe that you're impugning the motives and numismatic abilities of Anaconda. grin.gif

This is one of the pictures he sent me[thru Brandon]:

image_comparison_small.jpg

It was inferred that because the pic on the right doesn't show the flaw, that a repair was done. What he failed to observe was that the pic on the right is of the coin IN THE NGC HOLDER [superior March 2001] and that the rim is partially cut off in the image due to the big thick white insert.

i talked to the guy that did it

and i looked at the coin and different from the older cat photos and descriptions

please go back to pcgs and do your nazi love affair with them

You are a liar. What auction catalog could you have possibly looked at [other than the original Eliasberg catalog] that shows the coin raw?

Put up or shut up.

TDN...those images are interesting. What's compelling is that the gash goes a bit deeper than the holder seems to hide. In other words, where's the end of the gash under the "1" at the rim?

TDN:

I easily understand what you saw about the rim, but don't the two enlarged pictures with the date (and the rim "defect") make the denticles look quite different? The picture on the left seems to have long denticles whereas the picture on the right has more rounded ones. I wonder what there is about the angle of the photo to create such a difference. Indeed, the first couple of photos--not just the enlarged one with the date--seem to show the same difference. TDN, since you have seen the coin in hand, what's your guess as to why the photos appear different?

Mark

It was inferred that because the pic on the right doesn't show the flaw, that a repair was done. What he failed to observe was that the pic on the right is of the coin IN THE NGC HOLDER [superior March 2001] and that the rim is partially cut off in the image due to the big thick white insert.

It does appear that there's enough of the rim exposed to show at least part of the flaw. confused-smiley-013.gif Of course, I can't tell from the photo whether it's a planchet flaw, a ding, or a shadow. I assume, based on what you've written, that it is a planchet flaw and it still exists as it appears in the photo on the left.

The photo on the right is taken at a fairly steep angle which puts the top and bottom out of focus and makes the denticles look short. It must have been readjusted to round with photoshop. I'd say the bottom rim is so out of focus you can't see the flaw. --Jerry