• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCS to NGC to order status

9 posts in this topic

A month ago, I sent 10 coins to NCS to have looked at and then hopefully would be sent to NGC. Two weeks ago I began checking "My Order Status". Finally, yesterday, nine of the ten appeared on three different invoices. All three invoices said the status was "Quality Control". I thought great, they're just about done. Then this morning two still said "Quality Control", but one said "Scheduled for Grading". Later that changed to "Received". Then still later the other two invoices changed to "Received". Is it common for the order of a submission to go backwards like this? At this rate and order of sequence it won't be long before the coins are back at the mint. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

At this rate and order of sequence it won't be long before the coins are back at the mint.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

grin.gif

I had a package recently go from Scheduled for grading to Quality Control to Finalized/Shipped back to Quality Control. It's difficult to imagine that NGC has power over the Postal Service to pull back a shipped package. confused-smiley-013.gif

TRUTH

At this rate and order of sequence it won't be long before the coins are back at the mint.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Thats Funny Rob .. I second the 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

If the posting is a mistake and they should say Finalized/Imaged/Shipped

sometimes I was able to get grades by putting in the Invoice numbers into the verification page and they will come up.

If they bounced back to Quality Control they may have been bumped out because of QC for a second opinion on initial grading.

This happened to me and ended badly frown.gif bb'd

Mike

I've had this happen to my orders also. The order will show as Received and then move to Scheduled for Grading. Later on it's back to Received. frustrated.gif It's not just these two stages, but all of them.

BTW, if only 9 are showing up then the 10th is likely on its way back to you in an NCS slab.

If the posting is a mistake and they should say Finalized/Imaged/Shipped

sometimes I was able to get grades by putting in the Invoice numbers into the verification page and they will come up. If they bounced back to Quality Control they may have been bumped out because of QC for a second opinion on initial grading. This happened to me and ended badly frown.gif bb'dMike

I was able to click on the invoice number while in Quality Control, but of course only the coins were listed, not grades. While it's in Received, there is no link. At least I know which coin didn't make it this far. Unfortunately it was the one I was really hoping for (1853-D $1 gold). Looks like I'll have to settle for Details. frown.gif

You can cut and paste the invoice number into the verification page and add a coin number xxxxx - 001 / 002 / 003 etc

Certification Look up

If it aint there ... keep checking

Good Luck

I have 45 coins in recieved (blargh)

You can cut and paste the invoice number into the verification page and add a coin number xxxxx - 001 / 002 / 003 etc

Certification Look up

If it aint there ... keep checking

Good Luck

I have 45 coins in recieved (blargh)

Well I just learned another thing. I had no idea that the invoice number was part of the Certification number. I really pay attention.