• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are proof set or year sets coming?

9 posts in this topic

I have a neat 1956 proof set I'd like to list. All 5 coins are Ultra Cam. Two are in NGC holders. An image of the superb dime is attached. I also have an original, matched 1907 proof set. But that one is of lower grades.

1956Roosey68Ultra.jpg

I've suggested to NGC previously that they have an "On the Way" and "Pending" area, where we can see what is being actively worked on and what is in line to be worked on.

Right now none of us have a clue what is in the works and it's kind of frustrating. While I don't want to make my coin purchase decisions based on a Registry, the fact of the matter is that I get more enjoyment out of my coins if I can share them with others. Therefore, I will tend to buy coins I know are allowed (or are on the way) and can be displayed. So far, no early proofs, so I'm shying away from buying them. frown.gif

TDN:

I note that NGC has a registry set for state quarters, so you can now feel free to start collecting them. laugh.gif

In truth, I understand 100% your motivation for wanting to show off your coins. It's just so neat to be able to see your coins! You can rest assured that your efforts have enhanced my numismatic pleasure and that of many others, also.

I am hoping to acquire a reasonable digital camera so that I can take pictures of my coins and post them. I have some patterns that I think are nifty and I'd love to have them posted somewhere. have had zero success with scanning them, so I can't have worse success with a digital camera.

Mark

have had zero success with scanning them, so I can't have worse success with a digital camera.

Mmmm, I wouldn't bet on that. I am not a master scanner but it is leaps and bounds more effective for me than digital pics. Every attempt I have ever made to photograph coins has proven me pathetically inept.

Phil

And SBA's!!! wink.gif

I've got some rainbow toned SBAs that look really nice. The rainbow color takes the focus off the coin design, so it is almost acceptable. Almost.

Hey yeah I second what CarlWohlforth says and disregard what gmarguli says. wink.gif I spend thousands & thousands of dollars just on 1897 & 1997 coins, both Proof & Mint State and some of them are in NGC slabs.