• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My newps

19 posts in this topic

Ok, better late than never, but here are my newps.

The first one is a Capped Bust half whose Overton number I can't remember. (It's nothing special.) It's a ChAU specimen with lots of luster that I'm very happy to have acquired.

1821halfau55.JPG

The next coin is a PF64CAM half dollar with pretty toning. (I should really redo the image to try to eliminate the glare!) BTW, those numerous scratches that you see everywhere on the obv and rev are actually on the holder.

1874halfpf64cam.JPG

EVP

Well, for a fair price, I can be convinced to part with the proof half. I prefer, however, to keep it for a bit just for the joy of ownership.

I showed both coins to my brother last week, and he really liked them. They are pretty. As fate would have it, I've recently come into a situation where I get to see a huge amount of awesome inventory on a regular basis. Is this a blessing or a curse?

EVP

Beautiful coins. smile.gif

As for it being a blessing or a curse; it's analogous to being a Mets fan and watching Gooden and Strawberry in the '80s while knowing what it would be like in the '90s. frown.gif

Good analogy, Tom. I watch the glory days every once in a while. In fact, I have Gm 6 of the '86 WS on VHS tape. I also have a T-shirt that glorifies the '00 NL champs.

Then, I think of Mel Rojas, Bonilla (twice), Lenny Harris over the likes of Mora or Relaford ... I can go on and on. I still can't get over that stupid "addition by subtraction" issue w/ Rickey. He's crushing the Ind. League right now, and was near the league lead in OBP the last few years. He would have been the leader of the Mets in that category, and he fields better than Cedeno and Benny!!!

Damn you, Tom, for getting me all riled up as I prepare for Gm 4 of the NBA Finals.

Sigh...

EVP

PS Did you hear that, once again, the Devs are considering having their "parade" in that huge parking lot at the Meadowlands?

I had just assumed that they would have their tailgate parade in the parking lot of Byrne Arena just as they have done in the past. It looks rather ridiculous to see them in the lot like that, but hey, at least they won! smile.gif

Sorry for inflicting the Mets memories on you. I watched some of the game with Texas last night and wondered how the heck they ever put together such a lousy team over the last few years. It made me sad. frown.gif

Awesome coins EVP! You never disappoint. As for all these mets tears spilling in your beer, why don't you try being a Cub fan for one season, then we can talk.

Then, I think of Mel Rojas, Bonilla (twice), Lenny Harris over the likes of Mora or Relaford ... I can go on and on. I still can't get over that stupid "addition by subtraction" issue w/ Rickey. He's crushing the Ind. League right now, and was near the league lead in OBP the last few years. He would have been the leader of the Mets in that category, and he fields better than Cedeno and Benny!!!

EVP, I like the color on that Seated coin. Very pretty colors.

As for the Mets, maybe this will help you out. Rickey was a distraction. He was a me, me, me player. He might be tearing it up in the indy league, but there are 30 teams in baseball and none of them seem eager to put him on their roster. That's got to say something. Also, I could field better than Cedeno.

The Mets were actually able to trade Rojas to the Dodgers. 893censored-thumb.gif Mets...... Sure it was for Bonilla, but at least Bonilla didn't blow games for you. BTW, are you aware that the Mets still owe Bonilla something like $35 million over the next 40 years? frown.gif

The bright side to the Mets is that they have some talent to trade - very little, but if they are willing to eat some contract money they can move some of their dead wood and maybe get a few prospects in return. Insurance will cover SuMo Vaughn's contract. That's got to be a good thing.

And, the Mets wouldn't suck as much as they do if they didn't have 60% of their payroll on the DL. They have to improve.

And, at least you're not the Yankees who just got no hit by the Astros. George is gonna be really pissed.

Jeff, the Cubbies are doing well right now.

Greg, see my thread in the WC forum about the no-hit game.

Tom, Reyes had a possible web gem tonight. He went 0-3 (so far), but 2-4 yesterday. He's looking serious and with promise! And, Tony Clark had *another* HR. I wonder if his slugging is still above .800...

Finally, thanks for the comments about my coins. But, isn;t this really a baseball thread? wink.gif

EVP

awesome coins EVP, that Bust Half has plenty of luster. I'm a Mets fan too, but man, they really have made some terrible staff decisions over the years. They will hang on to people like Gregg Jeffries and Jason Isringhausen while letting Jeff Kent, Melvin Mora, and Preston Wilson go. Next thing you know, they will be hiring Vince Coleman as manager to turn things around. stooges.gif

Jeff, the Cubbies are doing well right now.

Of course they're doing well, it's June! Although I must admit a bit of petty satisfaction at the Cubs winning 2 out of 3 from the Yanks last weekend, after all, the last time the Yanks were at Wrigley, they swept the Cubs in the '38 Series. 893whatthe.gif

Thanks everyone... BTW, who is Nails? The nickname rings a bell, but I can't "nail" it down...

Lenny Dykstra! 893whatthe.gif

As fate would have it, I've recently come into a situation where I get to see a huge amount of awesome inventory on a regular basis. Is this a blessing or a curse?

EVP

I would definately have to say curse unless you have a boatload of money and can take everything that screams at you home. I know I wish I could. I am around so much great inventory and only wish my layaway box and wallet were both bigger. It is also sad when you see somthing nice, dont get it and see it sell a week later and feel all bummed because it was right there. That is the only bad thing working for a big dealer, too much good stuff that I would love to have.

Anyway I really enjoyed seeing the pics of the seated half EVP. Great toning and I can only imagine how much better it looks in person.