• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Follow the lead picture post.
8 8

10,606 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2023 at 4:03 PM, Sandon said:

@R__Rash--The mint didn't package 1960 proof sets in those nice lucite "sandwich" holders held together with screws. Like all 1956-64 and some 1955 proof sets, they came in single flat soft sheets placed in a yellow "Treasury Department" envelope.  Nor were they packaged in grading service holders, like this 1956 "Type 2 Reverse" proof Franklin half dollar that NGC graded PF 68 CAM:

1956proofhalfdollarobv..jpg.b9ddc6556b0132015a2e6fdb65fac429.jpg

1956proofhalfdollarrev..jpg.2104d77095d963036f884916ae571924.jpg

Photos courtesy of Stacks Bowers Galleries.

Interesting, I purchased 3 of these several years ago, all in the same packaging.🤔 I guess it is fair to say, these are in the original packaging I purchased them in being as how I have not altered it.? Neither your post nor mine state original mint packaging. Thanks 👍

IMG_4077.jpg

On 12/1/2023 at 8:58 AM, robec1347 said:

1967Wash2_sp66TV.jpg

I love this coin so much. It reminds me of looking up into the sky, and a sea of stars. The reverse a subtle sunrise or sunset, so a little poem created for this coin.

"A beautiful day, a starry night,
Nature's canvas, a wondrous sight.
The sun's warm rays, the moon's soft glow,
A perfect blend, a heavenly show."

~ TheColoradoNumismatist

On 11/30/2023 at 6:33 PM, R__Rash said:

.... Neither your post nor mine state original mint packaging. Thanks 👍

IMG_4077.jpg

[Begging the OP's indulgence... FYI: No proof sets are marked OMP.  It's an acronym used by hobbyists to indicate as released by the Mint and may refer to everything from coin rolls and 3-coin sets to so-called Monster Boxes forwarded to TPGS, sealed and post-marked, to substantiate and accommodate time-sensitive First Day of Issue designations on labels.]  Thank you! (thumbsu