• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Love that seated half.

Joe knows how to pick them. I, too, really like the seated half.

Bill, those are going to look nice in that new coin cabinet!

Thank you and I agree..... can't wait. If I never see another slabbed coin in my collection I will be a very happy man. ;)

BTW, looks like there were 2 obverse dies for the U.S. Capitol medals! Very nice.

You are correct. One is the 'Small Letters' and the other is the 'Large letters' .... I just wanted both of them. They are rather common I believe.

I have the alternate Centennial medal on its way in three different metal compositions. It is a much better looking design that the one pictured previously in my opinion.

Obverse%2BCentennial.JPG

BTW, looks like there were 2 obverse dies for the U.S. Capitol medals! Very nice.

You are correct. One is the 'Small Letters' and the other is the 'Large letters' .... I just wanted both of them. They are rather common I believe.

I have the alternate Centennial medal on its way in three different metal compositions. It is a much better looking design that the one pictured previously in my opinion.

Obverse%2BCentennial.JPG

Gorgeous!

Add a couple more with Theodore Roosevelt (one of the most influential non-wartime presidents in my opinion) as the theme.

Two are from the newer 2013 Theodore Roosevelt Chronicles Set ( you can easily tell what is what) and the other is somewhat of a mystery to me. It seems to have been an awarded smaller medal (About the size of a silver dollar) from the Police Commissioner Benevolent Assn and looks to be a 1919 issue. I will have to read some more on Roosevelt and see exactly what this is since I searched and searched for another example before buying this one, yet came up empty handed.

Possibly someone that is more knowledgeable about this might know of its origin, reason, and possibly even mintage issued.

Theodore_Roosevelt_Chronological_Set_Bronze.jpg

Theodore_Roosevelt_Chronological_Set_Silver.jpg

And the one in question.

1897_Theodore_Roosevelt_PoliceDepartment_CityofNewYork.jpg

Nice medals! I will have to start checking this thread more often if

you guys are going to post stuff like that. :)

Here is one that arrived today.

indianreceptionobv_zps27b3c86f.jpg

indianreceptionrev_zps2fd5844d.jpg

Wow! What an intricate design. Beautiful medal!

Nice medals! I will have to start checking this thread more often if

you guys are going to post stuff like that. :)

Here is one that arrived today.

Absolutely. Nice to change the pace from time to time and that 3D London 1886 - Whew!!!