• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,913 posts in this topic

I've had this one since August, and tried a number of times to get a good picture of it. Well, I finally got one I'm pleased with. Here it is, a 66 * FBL

IMG_9817_zpsae9bd4f6.jpg

IMG_9796_zps44429e82.jpg

NGC is so inconsistent with the star designation its almost ridiculous... Just saying that because I just sold a '58-d 50c NGC ms66FBL with no star, but had two sided monster toning that looks nicer than yours but it didn't star?

Not trying to knock your coin by any means, just the whole "star" designation.

Merry Christmas!!!

NGC is so inconsistent with the star designation its almost ridiculous... Just saying that because I just sold a '58-d 50c NGC ms66FBL with no star, but had two sided monster toning...

Your coin should have been awarded a star.

Is there a chance that would grade higher if sent in today, since they didn't use all the 60's grades then?

Not sure about this statement. In any event the coin is a blazer!

PCGS used the grades MS60-MS70 all inclusive from day one of operation.

This is not an MS-coin, but a Proof.

They applied the same scale to proof coins; sorry for the ambiguity in my original post.

Leeg, your avatar reminds me of a brother of ours that hasn't posted in quite some time. Easy E. Anyhow, know where he's been or what's going on with him? Haven't seen him in well over a year.

Leeg, your avatar reminds me of a brother of ours that hasn't posted in quite some time. Easy E. Anyhow, know where he's been or what's going on with him? Haven't seen him in well over a year.

Last I talked to him he is living in Vegas, married that girl of his, and has been distracted with work and family and a house and all that. He's doing well, just drifted away from coins.

Picked up a nice example of a more difficult to find So-called-dollar. Lots of scuffs on the holder -- I need to give it a buffing.

1960_EastTincup_Dollar_HK585_NGC_MS65_composite_zps5a90e781.jpg

nice token indeed. :)
:applause:

I bought one of those for my good friend : "Ponyexpress8" - Glenn Holsonbake;

he has reopened his business - and the name is ... what else ? Ponyexpress Coins.

If you are going to be at FUN, we will be at table 1053 - stop by & say Hi !!