• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,917 posts in this topic

Latest addition to my Civil War custom set of tokens and commems. Not a big fan of the obverse (where are Mr. Lincoln's shoulders?) but love the reverse. In MS70:

2009_Lincoln_Commem_obv.jpg

2009_Lincoln_Commem_rev.jpg

I like the coin, but that is the ugliest bust of Lincoln I have ever seen (even given that Lincoln wasn't attractive).

I finally sprung for one at Long Beach. The Dansco has an odd, extra hole for an 1839 so I guessed this would be a good filler.

Lance.

3da0529e.jpgf2fe9ff3.jpg

Bobby, congrats on that Quarter! Now to find you a half in 67 star cam!! Best of luck on that one buddy!

Thanks! I will probably just stick to 67Cam. The star will just be a bonus.

Nice Pickup there Lance!

Bob, that 1812 CBH is gorgeous..congrats everyone else on some nice additions and finds for your albums ( I started a Kennedy album recently also)..

Here's a win I got from the Stacks-Bowers auction in Baltimore last weekend. An upgrade for my Walker set, 1945-D MS67 NGC

112975.jpg.d70255588dd64a797beb5288d0008ef0.jpg

112976.jpg.71a9e3431c0287d065975a3df6540b38.jpg

I like the coin, but that is the ugliest bust of Lincoln I have ever seen (even given that Lincoln wasn't attractive).

Yeah, I am not a big fan of it either (and the proof looks worse :/ ). I think it is supposed to be the view you would get of Lincoln if you were standing directly at the base of Lincoln's statue at the Lincoln Memorial in DC and looked up. Frankly, I bought it solely for the reverse and I wish they holdered it with the reverse side facing front.

Jackson, Lady Liberty and the Eagle look like they could step right off the coin. Beautiful example and great pickup. (thumbs u

beautiful 1847 Lg Cent--the repunch is very evident, even to the naked eye and superb subtle undertones...spectacular :applause:

Nice Conder Jobessi. :golfclap:

X2, all of the pieces I posted yesterday are website bound, but I posted them not to advertise, but because they are great coins....

Best, HT

Not a rare coin but I like it. Nice addition to my small but growing Franklin collection.

The toning on the obverse reminds me of a Jackson Pollock painting.

1958 MS66

Your Franklin has nice sharp bell lines except on the bottom bands left of the bell. Nice strike!