• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,915 posts in this topic

That is one very nice CBH there, awesome color!

Looks to me a grade point too low from where I am standing, but my vision isn't what is used to be.

LOve it

OP

Nice looking Flyer (thumbs u

This latest addition to the pattern collection just showed up in my mail box :) These are experimental pieces struck in copper nickel and with an estimated mintage of 50 pieces they seem under valued. Then again all proof half cents seem under appreciated IMO?

J-177-comp.jpg

Great looking coins everyone!!! :applause:

I'd like to thank Shane. I just got back some coins I had left with him for imaging, and lo and behold, as a Christmas present he had included his MS64 1963-D Franklin. It's a LOVELY EOR coin. :applause: You are too kind Shane!!! Thank you VERY much!!!

Certainly not the nicest one I have ever seen [ scratch is on the holder ! ]

but a perfect fit for my mid grade MS SLQ set:

3a402b6d.jpg

37730649.jpg

Not quite a Full Head but the coin has wonderful surfaces

for the grade and I would not be surprised that it jumps a

grade when I eventually submit the entire set for Regrade

and [ if I'm lucky enough to end up in the top five sets ] Pedigree

Designation.

I just love Buffalo Nickels....They're just beautiful to my eyes, and this one is over the top gorgeous.....Great pick-up!!!! Wonderful colors and a nice strike to boot....

Man!! That's an XF Capped Bust??? Looks much nicer with my eyes! What's going on here? No way this is an XF! Sometimes I wonder what the hecks going through these graders heads when they grade coins like this? I'm sure this coin will grade higher or possibly a gold CAC sticker.....

Edited by Buffalo Head

I just love Buffalo Nickels....

I do too. I started my BN collection as a kid when Buffalo nickels were still somewhat commonly found when getting change at a store. I'm talking the mid 60's. I even started an IHC collection/mercury dime collection just from getting those in change also. I used to love running to the store for my mom and dad just so I could look through the change I recieved in hopes of finding another coin I needed. When I got I was like.. :whee:

101.jpg

102.jpg

Here's an interesting Buff I picked up recently. This one has some nice color, luster and some strange clashing on the buffalo's left rear leg. I will be submitting this one with a couple of other buffs for grading. I'll see what NGC has to say about this piece...

023.jpg

024-1.jpg

Oh, and here's another...

BUFFALOCOLOS010.jpg

BUFFALOCOLOS011.jpg

PROOF26-DBUFFS045.jpg

Edited by Buffalo Head