• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,913 posts in this topic

Chabsentia, you're almost there. Just right-click on the url (the line that you put in your previous post), then select copy(or copy shortcut). Then, in your post, click "enter an image",which is the third button from the left at the top . When the box appears, right-click on the white line and select "paste", Then "ok" . Preview your post to make sure, and you're there.

As is tonydanzawillpay, I am a newbie. I think you all have pictured some very nice coins and I enjoy looking at them. I do have the same question as tony (see page 492) relating to how the Morgan Dollar can get an MS-66 grade? My ANA grading standards book states an MS-65 can have "a few MINUTE bag marks or surface mars." While the coins reverse might meet that definition, the obverse (imo) does not based on the pictures provided. You folks have already taught me you can not rely on photos to judge a coin but those kneck and cheeck gouges look pretty real. Does the fact it is a VAM mean different grading rules apply? I know grading is subjective, even by TPG's, and there are as many opinons as there are people, but I hope someone can provide their expertise and help us to understand better. Finally, Dwaine's morgan dollar is a great looking coin - one I would be proud to own - MS-66 or not.

Here's a little piece I picked up on ebay. The strike is very nice with full shield details, complete star outline and decent star detail on the reverse. Both sides have some clash marks and there is a small die crack around 5:00 on the reverse. It's in an older ANACS AU55 holder.

51515-1854s.jpg.f87bf021ca889bd009a1024f80ae2ba8.jpg

Here's a little piece I picked up on ebay. The strike is very nice with full shield details, complete star outline and decent star detail on the reverse. Both sides have some clash marks and there is a small die crack around 5:00 on the reverse. It's in an older ANACS AU55 holder.

Dang, Randy! What a great pick up. Since our previous correspondence about trimes, I can certainly appreciate the fullness of its strike! Plus, it has great eye-appeal! Excellent purchase. (thumbs u

"Love It"!!!!!!!! :applause:

Thanks for the comments on my trime. I took the pictures in a hurry last night. When I compared them to the coin this morning I realized that in hand the more golden color seems to be more apparent than the purple that shows up in the pictures. The purple tint is there, just not as strong. Also the luster didn't show up well but there is plenty there for the assigned grade.

The 1854 is the second toughest of the type IIs and it's taken me a while to land on at my price level. The real bonus here is that the seller's images were a bit small and gray and I was the only bidder at his reasonably cheap opening bid. He mentioned that the coin had nice color but it seems no one else believed him. :)

DD, attractive Walkers! :applause:

Harvey, nice looking Roosie proof! (thumbs u

Bobby, good looking TJ dollar! (thumbs u Are you working on building the set?

ES, very attractive Barber quarters! :applause:

Randy, beautiful trime! :applause:

Bobby, good looking TJ dollar! (thumbs u Are you working on building the set?

Yea I am SY. I have the James madisons to get in this grade and designation to complete my 07 set. They're just going for a little too much for my taste right now. Gonna wait til they drop a few more dollars.

Thanks! I got a 23-D too, but I didn't like the toning (the photo was blast white) so I am trying to negotiate a return, but that one may make an appearance too if I am unsuccessful in my negotiations!

Here's a couple of upgrades for the quarter collection.

They are both PCGS 58's: [ the reverse of the 1903-O is too large to post. ]

Here you go mike.... The reverse image of your coin along with the obverse... Cool trick huh?

gl1903obqo.jpg

gl1903obqr.jpg

Bruce,

I must say " I'M VERY IMPRESSED"

...can't figure out how you were able

to resurrect something that was not

posted. The NGC system rejected it

due to its size.

Thank you !!

Nice looking 1903-O - if I do say so myself :D

Bruce: PM Sent !

Edited by Elbesaar

Well mike... I was the one who took the photos from the seller you got them from. If you PM with which ones you bought I would be happy to send you the images.