• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,941 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2024 at 9:04 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

1852 3 C Silver Ebay $110.00 + tax free shipping. Grades MS 63 Valued @ $320.00

Aside from a possible cleaning, these are difficult to get an MS grade on. I think this one you got is AU 58 as far as the details go. Hope you get better back though.

On 6/22/2024 at 2:02 PM, ldhair said:

From the images I would give it 50 or 53. The fields look a bit rough. 

You obviously do not know how to grade a silver 3C Nickel ID. This coin is above average and in MS condition. Look at the (obv) center ridges on the star no wear.. tips of star no wear.. shield has both outer lines no wear...edge is still sharp on rim and the flow lines show through the natural toning with underlying luster. The reverse shows no wear the top of the diamond is sharp. If it doesn't grade above MS 60 I'll give it to you as a trophy for being right. Goodluck.

On 6/22/2024 at 6:53 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

You obviously do not know how to grade a silver 3C Nickel ID....

🐓:  This is a memorable retort...

Q.A.:  A historic first! Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, talks to Larry like that.  Not here, on his thread or in any other Forum. Wow!

I'll ignore the insults. The fields look rough, with or without any clash. I'm not able to match the marks in the obverse fields to anything that makes me think it's from a clash. 

On 6/22/2024 at 5:55 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

You can actually see a star on the reverse. It does not affect the grade it only authenticates it.

I'm seeing 13 stars on the reverse. What are you seeing? Better images are always helpful.

On 6/22/2024 at 6:55 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

.... You can actually see a star on the reverse....

You're right. Now I get it. I would not have noticed. What made you look?

On 6/24/2024 at 9:57 AM, Just Bob said:

This, I don't get. Someone disagrees with your grade assessment, and the first thing you do is throw out an insult. I'm not sure how you expect to be taken seriously on this forum when you respond to people this way.

How is saying he must not know how to grade a 3C N an insult? He lowballed the coin from the get-go .... that's an insult...lol oh and by the way ID there is a die clash on my coin that you couldn't see I guess....

On 6/23/2024 at 1:53 PM, ldhair said:

This is a clash die 3 Cent Silver.

Image_0917.JPG

Image_0913.JPG

Yhea so what so is this..lol

1852 3 C Silver MS 63 2.jpeg

1852 3 C Silver MS 63 die clash .jpeg

Edited by Mike Meenderink

On 6/24/2024 at 8:03 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

How is saying he must not know how to grade a 3C N an insult? He lowballed the coin from the get-go .... that's an insult...lol oh and by the way ID there is a die clash on my coin that you couldn't see I guess....

Yup, the 14th star!

On 6/24/2024 at 8:03 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

The red arrows indicates what?

On 6/12/2024 at 11:36 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

1864/1864 L Bronze 1C MS FS-2303/ Snow-4 L on Ribbon MS 64 RD. Very excited to add this recent auction win to my family collection of high value type coins. My dad and I had a wonderful time discussing and purchasing this great coin over the last 4 days. Stay tuned for more it will be going to get graded and variety plus attributed. Cheers!

image.thumb.png.bd3f53d368c07f7a4cbbc76ea295d8f8.png

Screenshot_12-6-2024_20122_i.ebayimg.com.jpeg

Screenshot_12-6-2024_20249_i.ebayimg.com.jpeg

16glbj3s.png

Screenshot_12-6-2024_20340_i.ebayimg.com.jpeg

A really nice coin. May I ask which auction did you participate?

On 6/24/2024 at 11:01 PM, Just Bob said:

The three cent piece appears to exhibit Indirect Die Transfer, or “ghosting,” rather than a die clash.

You are correct. Mike is still learning. Give him more time.  

On 6/24/2024 at 9:01 PM, Just Bob said:

The three cent piece appears to exhibit Indirect Die Transfer, or “ghosting,” rather than a die clash.

Yup like I said it has both a die clash in center and an IDT or ghost of a star. Thanks for the useful tip. lol

Edited by Mike Meenderink