• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,911 posts in this topic

My newest addition. I didn't buy these to flip, I purchased two for my sons. I think they're pretty awesome and... I hear a lot of people who get their coins at the end of the run speculating that they get the coins that were returned... if these aren't 70's then I don't know what is. No matter to me, they will stay in the OGP forever as far as I'm concerned.

baseballcommemreversesmall_zps31ce4e85.jpg

I have to agree. That photo was stitched together from five photos. I tried the obverse but five photos wasn't good enough and I've already sat down and begun to watch sports so it will have to wait for another day. :)

Just got it in the mail.

Potato quality pics, but a virtually perfect slab and hologram on back (which is all that matters..)

Not easy to find..

A310A8C0-A873-45A7-B3C6-6C45C8D8ED46_zpskivij5uf.jpg

How old is that? I mean the slab btw.

Just got it in the mail.

Potato quality pics, but a virtually perfect slab and hologram on back (which is all that matters..)

Not easy to find..

It is between 19 and 22 years old.

Just got it in the mail.

Not easy to find..

It is between 19 and 22 years old.

:censored:

Was able to win this @ Scotsmans.

189825MS63_zps6ec6054b.jpg

189825MS63reverse_zps088b30ae.jpg

Sorry about that. I was cleaning up my photobucket and creating albums trying to make it easier for me to find images...

Edited by jpcienkus

USA-03cN-1880-frame-036000.jpg

USA-03cN-1880-slab-036000.jpg

WOW Lord M. that's a beauty! :applause:

but how much more contrast does a coin need to have in order to get a CAMEO designation? come on PCGS!

great coin! congrats!

Thanks. In hand, the 3cN looks as though it might be one of those "just missed Cameo" coins. It is a really nice brilliant proof with a little bit of contrast, but perhaps not quite enough.

I actually don't find fault with the way PCGS straight-graded it.

I do give the seller kudos for capturing it so well in that first set of photos. The slab images are from my scanner.

Thanks. In hand, the 3cN looks as though it might be one of those "just missed Cameo" coins. It is a really nice brilliant proof with a little bit of contrast, but perhaps not quite enough.

I do give the seller kudos for capturing it so well in that first set of photos. The slab images are from my scanner.

Scanner as in printer scanner? If thats the case that may be my new way to capture images ^^

Scanner as in printer scanner? If thats the case that may be my new way to capture images ^^

It's an HP flatbed scanner, yes. A bit higher-end than a lot of them, though. Not all scanners are created equal. And a scanner seldom can compete with a camera for quality coin images. I still use one because I am something of a Luddite who has not yet graduated to a proper SLR camera.

This scanner does great with circ silver and other patinated coins, but not so well on lustrous coins or colorful toners. With proof mirrors, it's hit-or-miss. In this case it did fine with the slab pix. Lucky scans.

These days I mostly buy from people who provide excellent images and just recycle their pictures to make up for my shortcomings in the photo skill department, but my scanner is adequate for capturing the basic slab pictures.

Very pleased with winning this one tonight. I'm building a date set of toners and this fits the bill nicely.

1886-Obverse.jpg

1886-1.jpg

I don't typically buy MS63 but it looks like it could be interesting, if not it can always go back unless someone around here wants it.

1887-Obverse.jpg

1887.jpg

Very pleased with winning this one tonight. I'm building a date set of toners and this fits the bill nicely.

1886-Obverse.jpg

1886-1.jpg

I don't typically buy MS63 but it looks like it could be interesting, if not it can always go back unless someone around here wants it.

1887-Obverse.jpg

1887.jpg

Love the 86'! Very nice!

Are you going for one-per-date or a complete set of all dates and mints?

Just one per date, if I find a better one I'll rotate them into the collection and the other out in most cases. Some dates are very hard to find with nicely toned so it'll take awhile to complete the set.

Edited by Eric Hazen

Thought that I would post my most recent free aquisition. This was given to me as change, thought it was pretty cool. First proof I ever received from change. Scratched, probably not worth anything but nice none the less.

-Tom ♠

Edited by TheTdotP

Thought that I would post my most recent free aquisition. This was given to me as change, thought it was pretty cool. First proof I ever received from change. Scratched, probably not worth anything but nice none the less.

-Tom ♠

That's pretty cool, indeed. I have found proofs in circulation twice. One was a 1983-S quarter, but not quite as nice as yours. The cameo contrast survived pretty well on yours. Neat find!

Picked another up at Scotsman's recent auction. '81 O MS64 DPL.

1881OMS64DMPL_zpse0250ad2.jpg

1881OMS64DMPLreverse_zpsc6733d62.jpg

Re-posting this coin, because I did some re-arranging at photobucket and my earlier post was compromised. I reattached the image in my earlier post, but thought I would add it here as well.

189825MS63_zps6ec6054b.jpg

189825MS63reverse_zps088b30ae.jpg

Hi Everyone...

Back from the FUN/Heritage Auction followed by a week in Canada. I putting together a 19th Century Type Collection of Obsolete Coinage. I made 3 purchases at the Heritage Auction...

#1 1871 2c PR64 RB

28008799Obverse_zps8446668f.jpg

28008799Reverse_zpsa3894fe5.jpg

Edited by Hurricane4911

Joe and the hurricane those are some super pickups.

Mercury dime guy, that's a heck of a way to announce your entry to the boards! Welcome to your new home.