• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,912 posts in this topic

Here's the other Nickel to go with the No cents Nickel for my 19th century set.

Both were bought from Pinnacle Rarities . And both are MS 66.

image-20.jpg[/img]

image-21.jpg[/img]

image-1.jpg[/img]

image-2.jpg[/img]

Hello everyone:

My latest acquisitions courtesy of fellow forum member Lehigh96. I have a very laser-focused collecting passion - 1938 to 1942 clad Jefferson nickels. I collect all grades, but my focus is on exceptional eye appeal. I also collect other dates with great eye appeal as well, but I mainly hunt '38-'42. :grin:

(photos used with permission)

147100.jpg.91c586488df915b88dc7f4fa1607f04c.jpg

147101.jpg.86e0d9f7fa097aeb37840fa38f5d87a8.jpg

Edited by GreyfoxCoins

1941-D 5c NGC MS67

Very nice vibrant colors that don't fully show in my pics.

this must be one of the most lustrous nickels I've ever seen. Very clean, too - couldn't find any marks or hits anywhere on the coin besides 2 small ones on the steps. Definitely better than most MS67's I've seen.

I couldn't capture the luster in pics, but it shows better in

09EF7C6D-4FAA-4E56-8B83-6DEC0BA141B4_zpsmylwa1xk.jpg

D9A0C5AB-8F23-45EE-8174-D7425AB1D8CF_zpshyg2zcou.jpg

Beautiful additions Jom! The capped bust series are growing on me. I've bought a few books on them and plan to read them and acquire some pieces later this year. Your NEWPS only provide additional motivation to accelerate the learning curve.

Couple NEWPS:

1896 MS66: Much better in-hand. No breaks in the fields. Very nice luster and clean devices.

1896MS66_zps7c2fec33.jpg

1896MS66reverse_zps18dbb373.jpg

Thought this next one was a beauty for a MS62. Already own a 64, but really like this one as well.

1891CCMS62_zpsa6f250b1.jpg

1891CCMS62reverse_zps7df129f7.jpg

Joe you got a steal on that CC I would have guessed at least 63.

Me too. I suspect a bean is in its future.

Yes that picture makes it look like many of your very clean cheek and field purchases.

Nice coin indeed. I can't say that I love the same coin on the right as much though.

Joe_CC1a2.jpg

Yes that picture makes it look like many of your very clean cheek and field purchases.

Nice coin indeed. I can't say that I love the same coin on the right as much though.

Joe_CC1a2.jpg

That's a great example of how lighting can affect the look and grade of a coin.

jom

Bill,

Where's did you find the picture on the right? I've got the coin in hand and it is frosty and resembles the Heritage picture much more closely than the one on the right. The fields do show some chatter, but you need to tilt the coin at an angle to really see them; otherwise, they're not very distracting.

Right Here at the Cert Verification Image.

I doubt NGC spends much time trying to take good pictures, however there have been times when buying $10 Gold Indians that I used the NGC picture and the sellers picture and came to middle ground opinion and then bought it.

They probably even have multiple people (different levels of talent) taking pictures at NGC too.

Thanks. I felt the same way. I was very happy to get it and for a nice price as well. Usually, 62's are very baggy. It doesn't have 64 luster, but it's still decent. The field breaks and shallow contact marks aren't that noticeable until you tilt the coin on an angle.

I think that even the bad NGC picture clearly shows 63. I think it is a nice coin.

Whenever I see a coin graded that low and that clean in the fields and device I do a lookup on the cert to see if there is another picture. In that first picture I was thinking 64 easy.

Thanks. I felt the same way. I was very happy to get it and for a nice price as well. Usually, 62's are very baggy. It doesn't have 64 luster, but it's still decent. The field breaks and shallow contact marks aren't that noticeable until you tilt the coin on an angle.

Nice one Joe. (thumbs u