• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,911 posts in this topic

Damn, nice toned quarter!!

IMG_0101_zps16aedc1a.jpg

Thanks!

These Morgans are beautiful. I like how frosted the 83 is!

Quite the road trip for this coin ...

First NGC AU53 (where I paid $675 for it)

Then PCGS Genuine Planchet Flaw

Finally PCGS AU55 (where guide price is now $675, so no toning premium paid after dust settled)

TVBlack_1832_AU55.jpg

Edited by WingedLiberty1

Thanks Eric! I guess a few were after it, they drove up the price to more than what I wanted to pay lol..

That's a GORGEOUS bust half there! Very nice!!

Hello Eric;

Total monster toning on that Morgan! I feast on it! Too bad for those fingerprints though. Fingerprints irritate the heck out of me, but I know that a lot of collectors don't really mind. If I had the opportunity to acquire that coin though, I would fully overlook the fingerprints, for sure!

I mean what were the collectors in the past thinking when they pawed mint state coins with their greasy fingers? Certainly they would know that the fingerprints would leave a lasting impression that would affect the surface of the coin, don't you think? I mean it is common sense, but what do I know? They were also cleaning their coins with jeweler's rough, silver polish, cyanide and who knows what else!

A stunning coin with eye appeal galore. Do you collect toners or did this one just jump out at you screaming buy me?

Hello Eric;

Total monster toning on that Morgan! I feast on it! Too bad for those fingerprints though. Fingerprints irritate the heck out of me, but I know that a lot of collectors don't really mind. If I had the opportunity to acquire that coin though, I would fully overlook the fingerprints, for sure!

I mean what were the collectors in the past thinking when they pawed mint state coins with their greasy fingers? Certainly they would know that the fingerprints would leave a lasting impression that would affect the surface of the coin, don't you think? I mean it is common sense, but what do I know? They were also cleaning their coins with jeweler's rough, silver polish, cyanide and who knows what else!

A stunning coin with eye appeal galore. Do you collect toners or did this one just jump out at you screaming buy me?

I collect toned coins. I collect mostly toned Washingtons and Buffalo Nickels. I have a few nice Morgans in the collection and this one had the right stuff for me to add it too.

Fingerprints don't really bother me. A coin is part of history and for me it just adds to the character of the piece. I know I'm probably in the minority when it comes to that sort of thing. The most frustrating thing is I could have had it today! Instead I was stuck driving almost a dozen friends to a Tough Mudder event about 4 hours away so I missed the delivery. Luckily the weekend never lasts long enough so Monday will come quickly.

A couple more toners. This is the last of my order that I made a few weeks ago. These aren't as nice as I the ones I had received so far though. But still some nice colors and a nice addition to my raw coin album!

New1885-OTonerFullCoin_zps832cbc5e.png

New1887TonerFullCoin_zps49e997c9.png

Got it from flea market today. It was in NGC MS62 holder, but I crack it open because it is only worth around $50 or so at MS62. I paid a little more than what it's worth. I only want that because of it has a nice tone. (Morgan Dollar voice) FREEDOMMMM!!

IMG_0108_zpsf4fbc0d2.jpg

IMG_0114_zpsde4f34c3.jpg

A couple more toners. This is the last of my order that I made a few weeks ago. These aren't as nice as I the ones I had received so far though. But still some nice colors and a nice addition to my raw coin album!

New1885-OTonerFullCoin_zps832cbc5e.png

New1887TonerFullCoin_zps49e997c9.png

I love that 85-O! Nice pick up!

Got it from flea market today. It was in NGC MS62 holder, but I crack it open because it is only worth around $50 or so at MS62. I paid a little more than what it's worth. I only want that because of it has a nice tone. (Morgan Dollar voice) FREEDOMMMM!!

IMG_0108_zpsf4fbc0d2.jpg

IMG_0114_zpsde4f34c3.jpg

Lovely!

Your signature line is hilarious. I actually laughed out loud, and its like the 3rd time I see it.

Bought this gorgeous, perfectly original, and beautifully toned 1835 O-106 (NGC AU-53) from x2rider, by way of Heritage. The obverse is nice, but the reverse has rings of album toning that are only hinted at in my pics. Very pleased with this upgrade of my present O-106.

IMG_0719copy_zps8874aa53.jpg

IMG_0721copy_zps30cdac33.jpg

I believe I have seen that Busty in person. If it's the one I remember the obverse has much more green than shown. Martin has excellent taste in coins and purchased many from Mark Feld. This may be one of those. I'll have to look through my photo archives, I may have some alternate pictures of this one. If I do, I'll forward them to you and see if they are acceptable to you.