• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,902 posts in this topic

Czar: the way to talk a guy down is like this.... "I like the coin, it's nice, color is ok, might be AT but I like it. If you ever decide to sell let me know, I might take it off your hands.... " lol

I have a certain affinity for half dimes and yours is absolutely gorgeous! I'm green with envy. Congratulations on your new addition.

My first Half Dime!

1862MS62HalfDime_zpsb263baeb.jpg

Thanks coinczar.

Czar: the way to talk a guy down is like this.... "I like the coin, it's nice, color is ok, might be AT but I like it. If you ever decide to sell let me know, I might take it off your hands.... " lol

lol. Being in Sales & Marketing most of my career, I would hope I could see through that....

Guru, that's really nice for a 63. I realize the hits are there on the jaw but the fields are exceptionally clean with the reverse looking gem.

<<Guru, that's really nice for a 63. I realize the hits are there on the jaw but the fields are exceptionally clean with the reverse looking gem.>>

It was one of those had to have, Ol' Fatty gold embossed, a CC, nice satiny look and in my comfort range. Would love to find an 82 and 84 in the same holder, same look and grade. A short set, really short, of the most common CC's. It's nice for the grade and not going anywhere :)

1820 CBQ NGC VF30. Damn...these are hard to find nice reasonable condition...ie with any kind of eye appeal.

25c-1820_30n_05092013_zps0e2e4177.jpg

jom

Yeah, I remember seeing that on eBay. How does it compare in hand to the photo?

jom

Yeah, I remember seeing that on eBay. How does it compare in hand to the photo?

jom

Love it in hand. Color really pops. I bought it from Crazy for Color.

My most recent pickup. Thanks Bob for your help on this. This has been in the works for a couple of weeks but I didn't want to post about it until the coin was in hand. I still haven't been able to get my own pictures of this, I believe the pictures I'm posting came from Bob who represents this coin extremely well! I will not be able to do better but I want to at least try! Anyhow please enjoy. It will be a while before I add another to this new branch of my collection but rest assured, there will be more.

1912mplobvrev_zps2df100d3.jpg

1912obv_zpsa6094a73.jpg

1912rev_zps09661716.jpg

NICE! My new goal is to get a full set of Matte Proof Lincolns. I've got the "easy" ones, but the toughies are just that -- tough to find.

Thanks for posting.

I'm starting to think that, due to the scarcity of wheat cents in prooflike condition (by which I mean, there are exactly Zero graded), I might pick up a MPL in its place.

Sam, I didn't take that photo. That is one of Phil's TrueViews. I just put the two of you together. That is really a great looking MPL. WL is a wonderful guy to deal with.

Congratulations for getting back in the MPL game. (thumbs u

I bought these coins from a online coin store that claims that the coins they are selling are Gem 3 for $44.99 as a wholesale price. Then I received this coin, and can not tell if the coin is Gem and also is this a Micro s or a regular s? Can people please give me their opinion on the grade and also if this is a micro s or a regular s?

1945-SMercuryDimeback_zpsd8d7933c.jpg 1945-SMercuryDimeFront_zpsb1a9e61d.jpgmicro-s_zpsc963d0b0.jpg

Edited by silvercoinsforyou

I bought these coins from a online coin store that claims that the coins they are selling are Gem 3 for $44.99 as a wholesale price. Then I received this coin, and can not tell if the coin is Gem and also is this a Micro s or a regular s? Can people please give me their opinion on the grade and also if this is a micro s or a regular s?

[L=Link]mm53f1bhf[/L]..... See if this helps...(NOPE, SORRY)

exf01tx0l

mcwmkwvmn

Edited by Elbesaar