• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Kenneth and Jimbo,

Thanks for the props. I didn't even plan on buying it, but as I was reviewing inventory at a dealers site, I came across it and got a good deal on it. I can't wait to see the coin in hand.

Its a great grab.. beautiful condition!!

I usually don't like to have duplicates, but I just had to have this coin when I saw it:

Consignments143320_zps6ff1e078.jpg

Consignments143324_zpsb8c0ef6b.jpg

Consignments143166_zpsad1adff9.jpg

Consignments143322_zps8806a6d1.jpg

I think it complements my previously owned example nicely (also a PCGS MS66 FBL).

3.jpg

Kenny, lovely toning on that new Frankie MS66FBL, but I'm not sure it would meet criteria for the NGC FBL designation based on those images. Not that it really matters, as the color is what sells this one... (thumbs u

Thanks John and Brandon. I haven't received the Franklin in hand yet, but I am inclined to agree about the FBL designation applying NGC's criteria; there does appear to be some weakness in the upper bell lines.

Coinman,

thanks. I love the toning on the two Morgan's you picked up as well as the Frankie. I have one nicely toned Morgan, but I'm going to wait until a coin show to pick up another as I don't trust my photo toning judgement yet!

That 04-O has some beautiful rich blue tones. I'll bet that looks sweet in hand.

Hello all, I recently acquired several coins and i'm trying to determine if they're worth selling. I would appreciate any feed back, I have a 1878, 1882, 1898 and 1921 Morgan dollar as well as a1923 dollar. Thanks.

I couldn't help myself. Coin was too nice to pass on. I already own one in this grade and CAC.

1886MS66CAC_zpsc58e2925.jpg

Edit: It's like my brain shut down and my Homer Simpson took over. I knew I already had this date and grade, but on the other hand, I just like collecting nice specimens of Morgan dollars.

Edited by jpcienkus

I couldn't help myself. Coin was too nice to pass on. I already own one in this grade and CAC.

1886MS66CAC_zpsc58e2925.jpg

Edit: It's like my brain shut down and my Homer Simpson took over. I knew I already had this date and grade, but on the other hand, I just like collecting nice specimens of Morgan dollars.

Nothing wrong with that! ^^

Dang Joe, that is one awesome classic proof there! I'm jealous. And as always, great photos.

Thanks bud. I picked this one up along with a few others at the Sacramento coin show a week ago.

Edited by Buffalo Head

Ya know I look at these old proof coins like the 1887 I'm showing above and it makes a guy wonder who owned it ? Where has this coin been and who ordered it from the mint in 1887 and how has it been cared for all these years. It's a cool piece and not at all hard to look at. Thanks again Sam....Joe

Edited by Buffalo Head