• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,909 posts in this topic

Truly my favourite design hands down but don't have one

Must look to change that .

It's a beauty Sam (thumbs u

Thanks for the kind comments, I'd get more pictures but my camera or my macro lens is acting up. Giving me a strange error message. Hope I don't have to sell it to get a new camera or lens! Maybe the wife will let me have part of our tax refund!!!

just noticed I have been a member here for almost 10 years, including this post a total of 5 posts for an average of 1 post every 2 years. I would imagine more than one person is happy with that low post count.

I know it's not a US coin, but I wanted to show this medal off a little. I saw this nice medal come up for sale on eBay a few weeks ago, and I had to have it. It's a restrike, listed by NGC on the label as a "modern restrike" -- unfortunately, the privy mark/information I need to see to get an idea of how "modern" is on the edge, and not viewable in the NGC holder. Nonetheless, it has a nice aged patina to the surfaces, and attractive super-high-relief surfaces. If I had to guess, I'd say it is a restrike from sometime in the first half of the 20th Century.

The medal commemorates The Battle of Borodino, which was the bloodiest and largest battle of the Napoleonic Wars.

1812_Napoleon_BattleBorodino_NGC_MS64BN_Restrike_composite_zpsb58ce6c5.jpg

just noticed I have been a member here for almost 10 years, including this post a total of 5 posts for an average of 1 post every 2 years. I would imagine more than one person is happy with that low post count.

10 years of posting and now, 40% of your total posts occurring within a 5 minute span. You need to slow down and quit trying to pad your count. :devil:

getting slow in your old age huh :taptaptap:

Love the 1911 Sam!
(thumbs u
(thumbs u (thumbs u
It's awesome! Just out of curiosity, what's the grade on that?
PCGS AU58, I feel comfortable with it in that grade.

Love the 1911 Sam!
(thumbs u
(thumbs u (thumbs u
It's awesome! Just out of curiosity, what's the grade on that?
PCGS AU58, I feel comfortable with it in that grade.

I would have guessed that it was MS. Great looking coin (thumbs u

A couple new ones from an afternoon of horse trading............GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. As usual, the actual coins look NOTHING like the photos.....except the rim dings on the Trade :tonofbricks:

101_1145.jpg

101_1155.jpg

101_1149.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

I bet the colors on the D Boone really pop in hand....GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

I bet the colors on the D Boone really pop in hand....GOD BLESS...

I'm with you there Jimbo, and the tab toning on the Roanoke is nice. I bet they both are much nicer in hand.

Dwayne,

Glad to see you posting again.

That's a very nice V Nickel you posted,

I love the subtle colors. Hope all is okay in OK !!

Picked up a few goodies at the coin show today... not pictured is a 1856 T2 3 cent silver and a 1858 Lg Letter Flying Eagle cent for my second type book.

2012_SSAERevProofObverse_zpsbfb0a418.jpg

2012_SSAEProofObverse_zpsb55a72e1.jpg

1938_DBuffaloObverse_zpsf1c1f353.jpg

1937_DBuffaloObverse_zpsbabd61eb.jpg