• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your most recent acquisition: US
8 8

20,903 posts in this topic

Nice looking coins everyone! :applause:

I particularly like the looks of your Jefferson Bobby... nice strong strike and good luster. (thumbs u

+1 (thumbs u

I picked this up about a week ago. 1939 w/Rev of 40. NGC MS66 5FS.

1939revof40jeffersonnickelngcms665steps.jpg

Nice one Bobby! I love the strike on the nickel. Unfortunately many FS nickels only have sharply struck steps and other portions of the devices including the pillars of Monticello may be weak. Your coin is well struck throughout.

The CBH's are real nice. Here's some new goodies.....most were acquired through a trade....except the CBH. The 1913 type 1 fits the 'Famous Dates" for institution of Income Tax and the first "modern assembly line". The 1929 is the Wall Street crash. The CBHD and CBH are just cool. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

101_0996.jpg

101_1013.jpg

101_1015.jpg

101_1014.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Thanks Prepper! The Walker is my favorite of the half dollar series. I'm trying to put together a nice Walker set along with my Morgan and Peace Dollars. My goal for the Walkers is VF-XF from 1916-1929, AU50-MS65 from 1933-1947. I still have quite a ways to go but I'm gettng there slowly but surely!

I'm piecing together 4 sets right now, just picking up coins for each set as I can find them. If I can afford 2 or 3 coins at one time, I jump on it. Otherwise, I'll buy one coin in a higher grade for the Trade, Morgan or Peace set. I'm putting together a Walker set, a Trade dollar set, a Morgan set and a Peace set! I definitely have my hands full but it's something I plan to accomplish over a long span of time. I'm hoping I can complete my Walker set in the next year or two.

Edited by Deerefan8420